Club Badge (merged)

Voting/views etc. to be done as Cityzens or via City Voice.

Am I the only one worried about the number of non-local fans (i.e. international fans who tend to be more involved with the club via the internet and who may know little about our city and history) having too big an influence over it given a large number of local fans (if not most) aren't that arsed about Cityzens stuff usually?

Depends on the options we're given but they may be more likely to favour the current one for example if that's all they know, or other options that may reflect the city poorly. Obviously I feel the views of local fans/fans with connections to Manchester/long-time fans/fans who know the history of the club's identity are more valuable than someone abroad who has a mere interest in City and is a registered 'Cityzen' as the badge should represent the city and be in keeping with history.

I assume by Cityzens they mean all rather than just members with access to buy tickets (such as the old blue card members or season ticket holders) - not sure of the ins and outs of the current system.

I assume we'll change to a circular badge but I just hope it's the best it can be. Personally I'm not keen on having any red whatsoever (other than lancashire rose, which probably isn't appropriate anymore) as that badge was before my time.

I think 'Cityzens' (always cringe at the name) is just club members. Season ticket holders are automatically 'Cityzens' and match going fans make up the majority of Cityzens members. I think regular match going fans will have a huge say. According to the article below there is going to be questionaire and a consultation office at the ground on Saturday.

Hopefully the fly by night casual fan won't be too inclined to spend their time making their voice heard on the club badge. It seems 90% of blues on here are of very similar opinion that we'd like a roundel badge that includes the Manchester CoA. It's fantastic that the club are engaging with fans on this and allowing our voices to be heard. It's also a smart move that this is only open to members so that the process can't be hijacked by a load of idiot reds voting for us to keep the loathed 3 stars!!

Apologies to those politically offended by the Daily Mail, but there's a good article here which goes in to a lot more depth than the other ones I've read:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-crest-bid-resolve-long-running-debate.html

Voting/views etc. to be done as Cityzens or via City Voice.

Am I the only one worried about the number of non-local fans (i.e. international fans who tend to be more involved with the club via the internet and who may know little about our city and history) having too big an influence over it given a large number of local fans (if not most) aren't that arsed about Cityzens stuff usually?

Depends on the options we're given but they may be more likely to favour the current one for example if that's all they know, or other options that may reflect the city poorly. Obviously I feel the views of local fans/fans with connections to Manchester/long-time fans/fans who know the history of the club's identity are more valuable than someone abroad who has a mere interest in City and is a registered 'Cityzen' as the badge should represent the city and be in keeping with history.

I assume by Cityzens they mean all rather than just members with access to buy tickets (such as the old blue card members or season ticket holders) - not sure of the ins and outs of the current system.

I assume we'll change to a circular badge but I just hope it's the best it can be. Personally I'm not keen on having any red whatsoever (other than lancashire rose, which probably isn't appropriate anymore) as that badge was before my time and we've evolved.

Good points and good post.

We've got Pigeoniho!

103x1lj.jpg

Credit to @skyblue78

nooooo i havent .... i done nothing ... i have no idea what anyone is talking about ..... shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you tried one with black as the background to the three stripes to resemble St. Marks but with the other parts (e.g. circle) in sky blue/white modern colour scheme? Not sure on the background behind the ship, white/black/sky blue whichever would look best. That without the crosses (or any other symbol at the sides) could be cool. I prefer how you've laid out the text than how the old badges had it certainly - it's tidier.

stop it .... people wont leave me alone as it is .... lol

Unlucky mate.

If I could just say about your popular one that's floating around.

Could you switch up the exact same design but with trying several different club colours out?

For example the text being white instead of Navy blue, maroon instead of gold. A bit less gold, a bit more white etc.

Maybe try a sky blue shield with gold stripes etc?

Just an idea, would be greatly appreciated mate as I think your design is onto a winner.

I think 'Cityzens' (always cringe at the name) is just club members. Season ticket holders are automatically 'Cityzens' and match going fans make up the majority of Cityzens members. I think regular match going fans will have a huge say. According to the article below there is going to be questionaire and a consultation office at the ground on Saturday.

Hopefully the fly by night casual fan won't be too inclined to spend their time making their voice heard on the club badge. It seems 90% of blues on here are of very similar opinion that we'd like a roundel badge that includes the Manchester CoA. It's fantastic that the club are engaging with fans on this and allowing our voices to be heard. It's also a smart move that this is only open to members so that the process can't be hijacked by a load of idiot reds voting for us to keep the loathed 3 stars!!

Apologies to those politically offended by the Daily Mail, but there's a good article here which goes in to a lot more depth than the other ones I've read:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-crest-bid-resolve-long-running-debate.html

nice little dig at united at the end there

Have you tried one with black as the background to the three stripes to resemble St. Marks but with the other parts (e.g. circle) in sky blue/white modern colour scheme? Not sure on the background behind the ship, white/black/sky blue whichever would look best. That without the crosses (or any other symbol at the sides) could be cool. I prefer how you've laid out the text than how the old badges had it certainly - it's tidier.

think i have done every variation over the years ... i hope that will save me .... trouble is the subject is marmite .. whatever City come up with, half will love it, half will hate it. Silly move now to change it, should just stick with what they have and lose the shield on kits ideally lol

Unlucky mate.

If I could just say about your popular one that's floating around.

Could you switch up the exact same design but with trying several different club colours out?

For example the text being white instead of Navy blue, maroon instead of gold. A bit less gold, a bit more white etc.

Maybe try a sky blue shield with gold stripes etc?

Just an idea, would be greatly appreciated mate as I think your design is onto a winner.

i would mate ... but its best i do absolutely nothing at the moment... til we know more about what is going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.