Club Badge (merged)

Not totally one for superstition, but 1972 - 1997 wasn't the most successful era!

You're right that Manchester Council now say that about the 'rivers' but there is ambiguity and when City first started using the lines the council still claimed they represented the rivers. Since that time, City have always said that on 'our' badge the lines mean the rivers so, although Manchester Council now claim otherwise, City continued to talk of the lines as rivers. I'll explain more at the talks I'm doing.

I do think this is a major opportunity for us to promote what we want as fans. I don't believe there's another club anywhere in the world that has consulted with fans in the way City will. We've seen clubs get this wrong so many times but, like almost everything else City have done in recent years, this looks like it's going to be good. I'd urge everyone to speak their minds and to make suggestions. This isn't about picking one of 3 past badges, but about having a badge that will be appropriate for the future. We never got the chance in 72 or 97 to say what we wanted from our badge and so now's the time to make feelings known. A great opportunity for us all.

So I'm right in thinking it will be a totally new badge then Gary?

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with

So I'm right in thinking it will be a totally new badge then Gary?

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with
From what I've seen and heard, It'll be whatever fans want. This is a genuine exercise. I've been told that if fans want to keep current badge then it'll stay. If they want something else then they'll go with that. Ultimately, I guess they couldn't have 53,000 different designs, but they do want to hear what we want.

Middle one.
And stop sending in alternatives unless the club asks to do so. It's another thread as well.

Re-think. Current one but only without the 3 stars. Middle one was just for sentimental reasons and l doubt a change of badge will be a good thing marketwise. Than again ETIHAD does more to being recognized as a City-item than the badge.

CQRn4MFXAAAm5L3.jpg

Due to the rest of the CFG using a round badge, I would feel we would be going back to a round badge.

I think a mix of old and new would be perfect.

Rags being hilarious as usual and saying we should get an IS flag on there somewhere.

From what I've seen and heard, It'll be whatever fans want. This is a genuine exercise. I've been told that if fans want to keep current badge then it'll stay. If they want something else then they'll go with that. Ultimately, I guess they couldn't have 53,000 different designs, but they do want to hear what we want.

Well that is worrying that the design of the badge could change again. A club badge in my mind is not something which should be altered as fashion, marketing strategies change or at the whim of fans who wish to add their own gimmick. It simply should be THE badge not open to continual change like a change of kit.

The club has undergone significant change over the past 20 years. We have changed badge, grounds, owners and although the consequences of those changes have been mainly positive, one negative is our attachment to our history. At least restoring one of the first two badges would be a step in that direction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.