Club Badge (merged)

Maybe it has been based on the results of the survey. It's one thing saying what the majority of people on this thread wanted but that may not coincide with the data extracted from the survey.

Anyway, let's see what it looks like before passing judgement.

You're quite right, but that is a limitation of the survey, not a limitation of here.

The survey only asked what symbols you like. There was no consideration for what final design people like. Whereas on here, people are free to express what they like and don't, and even commit their ideas to an image and comment on images others have produced.

The data gleamed from the questionnaire is extremely limited in it's scope, and cannot possibly give a fair reflection of fan's true views.

A good example is that I personally love the 3 rivers. But I think that if the 3 rivers are not in a shield, they are completely meaningless. I can explain that to you on here, but the results of the survey will not tell you that.

My second choice would be the rose, like on the updated 1972 badge that Gav did. If it was a choice between the rivers AND the rose together, or just the rose, I would pick just the rose. That despite the fact the 3 rivers were my first choice.

Again, you could know that was my view by looking on here, but going off the results of the survey, it would read that I like the rivers and the rose, so they have decided to include both. That doesn't reflect my view, but the survey would assume it does.

That's why I was adamant that there should be a second stage consultation where we could vote on a final design. You see people on here all the time say "Oh I want the rose, the bees on the side, 1894 in the top left, the rivers, the ship..." and then they see it in a final design and they say "Actually it looks wrong, looks too busy" etc.

The questionnaire was completely flawed because it only asked what "Symbols" we liked. There was no great appetite from fans to ADD symbols to the current badge. There was certainly an appetite to remove some (Stars, eagle, latin to varying degrees) but the overwhelming appetite was for a modern interpretation of our classic badge. The questionnaire could not tell you that.

Whether the club were happy that the questionnaire was so limited so it gave them more freedom to do as they wished, or it was simply a flaw in the process that they did not foresee, my fear is that they are going to end up with a final design that people dislike more than the one it is replacing.

You're quite right, but that is a limitation of the survey, not a limitation of here.

The survey only asked what symbols you like. There was no consideration for what final design people like. Whereas on here, people are free to express what they like and don't, and even commit their ideas to an image and comment on images others have produced.

The data gleamed from the questionnaire is extremely limited in it's scope, and cannot possibly give a fair reflection of fan's true views.

A good example is that I personally love the 3 rivers. But I think that if the 3 rivers are not in a shield, they are completely meaningless. I can explain that to you on here, but the results of the survey will not tell you that.

My second choice would be the rose, like on the updated 1972 badge that Gav did. If it was a choice between the rivers AND the rose together, or just the rose, I would pick just the rose. That despite the fact the 3 rivers were my first choice.

Again, you could know that was my view by looking on here, but going off the results of the survey, it would read that I like the rivers and the rose, so they have decided to include both. That doesn't reflect my view, but the survey would assume it does.

That's why I was adamant that there should be a second stage consultation where we could vote on a final design. You see people on here all the time say "Oh I want the rose, the bees on the side, 1894 in the top left, the rivers, the ship..." and then they see it in a final design and they say "Actually it looks wrong, looks too busy" etc.

The questionnaire was completely flawed because it only asked what "Symbols" we liked. There was no great appetite from fans to ADD symbols to the current badge. There was certainly an appetite to remove some (Stars, eagle, latin to varying degrees) but the overwhelming appetite was for a modern interpretation of our classic badge. The questionnaire could not tell you that.

Whether the club were happy that the questionnaire was so limited so it gave them more freedom to do as they wished, or it was simply a flaw in the process that they did not foresee, my fear is that they are going to end up with a final design that people dislike more than the one it is replacing.
Empassioned but slightly behind the times now mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.