Club Badge (merged)

Hopefully by releasing it now with the apparent aim for next season, they will take on board any criticisms and suggestions. I honestly am surprised they just rolled one out and didn't have a choice like NYCFC. They've tried to shove everything everyone wanted into one.

After taking it in for a bit I think I really would have loved it if not for the inclusion of the rose, it's just so glaring and it blocks the rivers. I actually like that the shield breaks the circle, I like its simplicity, and I can even live with its cartoony style and the 'City' part not bending. It's just that damn rose that ruins it.

Ditto. Been up since 4 this morning so hoping it's my eyes...but that is pretty ordinary. The shield sitting outside the inner circle (why have the inner circle if it's not containing the shield?), the hard line separation from ship to rivers and the rose is too big meaning it becomes the centrepiece. Here's hoping it has been registered to see if there is a leak/reaction and the real one gets registered today.

Agreed the red is the centrepiece and I expect this will be what sky focus on in their programming.

Only just seen the 'leak' and all I can say is.......

....... What a pile of shit!!

I'd be embarrassed if that is it...

Nothing has ruined it, it looks fantastic, and alot better than any of the designs with narrow or blue bands. Thick white band IS Manchester City.

we were formed in 1894 though
We changed our name in 1894. Our origins were 1880. Everton use their original St.Domingo's date.

Unless @Gary_James @GaryJames can clear up what date he thinks we should use it will continually be annoying to me. I'm not sure if it was a bit blurry whether St.Marks directly evolved into MCFC eventually.

Even I must admit it looks better on the shirt than on it's own.

But it's such a missed opportunity, it could have been so much better if they'd not decided to:

1. Make it look like a cartoon.

2. Tried to over egg it to keep everyone happy by including the rivers and the rose.

I personally prefer the rivers, but would have much preferred just the rose than this fudge of trying to do both. It just doesn't work and looks awkward and messy. Should have been one or the other, not both.

Just read about 30 pages so glad your mellowing out a bit as i know you put a hell of a lot of effort into this topic. Personally i like it compared to the eagle so for me job done in that respect. But; shield inside circle, 3 rivers continued onto back circle & City curved. Apart from that fairly happy. I don't think the rose and rivers make it a fudge as the rivers being that shade are almost a background effect that isn't that noticeable to the untrained eye. Maybe a smaller rose but im being picky really. It's impossible to please everyone all of the time. I like the fact Football Club is gone...it made it too busy for me. Like FC but looking at it i like the simplicity of just Manchester City. What is all this cartoon comments people are saying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.