Club Badge (merged)

Anyone calling it MSPaint quality is a complete knob. It's fine to like or dislike it but words like embarrassing and amateur have no place in the discussion. There are very few here even qualified to begin to have opinions like that.

It's fine to have it not be to your taste. It's hardly an embarrassment of design

Yeah, honestly it is. Not being snobby or petty, the shield and ship is well done.

The font is wrong to me, too thin and looks more like Monserrat (free font) not Gotham used on the other City group badges.

And why have City horizontal a circle when you can easily arc it? Looks like the guy that did it doesn't know how to do an inverted arc path.

More I see and think, I think it's amateurish... And that's coming from an amateur designer.

As above, cant see it being the real deal as:

1. It doesn't fit in with the other Two badges of the CFG due to lack of 'Football Club'.

2. Can't see that anywhere near enough people would have chosen a shield that was that shape. It doesn't look great, and the majority of our support would surely select a shield type that was similar to previous efforts?

3. The City being straight and nor curved - this just doesn't look good. Can't see that a focus group would let that through.

Fingers crossed this is a fake or a fan effort.
I wouldn't mind it too much if we just changed the City to follow the curve of the circle, and a slightly more traditional shield (a modern take on this is fine, but maybe overstepped the mark here). I could live with that, as would get used to the rest.

Hopefully the real design (fingers crossed) will have F.C. or football on too though!

Yeah, honestly it is. Not being snobby or petty, the shield and ship is well done.

The font is wrong to me, too thin and looks more like Monserrat (free font) not Gotham used on the other City group badges.

And why have City horizontal a circle when you can easily arc it? Looks like the guy that did it doesn't know how to do an inverted arc path.

More I see and think, I think it's amateurish... And that's coming from an amateur designer.
the more I see it I want us to keep the eagle. the badge is shite if true

Are you qualified to have that opinion ?

It's a red herring by the club as they knew folks would be checking the IPO site. This is the real badge right here:
103x1lj.jpg

Agree! Great badge, back to our roots !!!

but at least it gives people something else to loan about apart from , our home support, the beer , the pies, the weather, kompany, caballero, pellegrini, our physios, our tactics , our team doctor, navas's finishing, money wasted on bony and Mangala, our lack of full backs, Otamendi rushing in, how we need Mancini back, Belgians in the away end, the champions league, the press, UEFA, the premier league, international friendlies, Fernando, Nasri, kick off times, platinum membership, de michelis, Yaya Toure, Yaya routes agent, a bit more Yaya Toure, not playing the kids, kolarovs attitude, etc etc etc

so giving the fans something more to moan about is just a Christmas present to the fans. Maybe it's Christmas Eve gift to the Main Stand
I'm sure you've missed something......yep, corporates, loyalty points, and supporters clubs :)

It's growing on me, to me it says fun, the Eagle looked very formal and serious, being on a white background doesn't do it justice either, will look a lot better on coloured one

Anyone calling it MSPaint quality is a complete knob. It's fine to like or dislike it but words like embarrassing and amateur have no place in the discussion. There are very few here even qualified to begin to have opinions like that.

It's fine to have it not be to your taste. It's hardly an embarrassment of design

It's really is an awful childlike design. Amatuer is precisely the correct description.

If we had Football Club it would actually fill out the white space on the bottom half and immediately improve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.