Club Badge (merged)

Black Text:

I do like the Football Club added at the bottom. But i think not having Football Club is portraying we don't need it you say Manchester City and you know who we are immediatley, or soon will, the other CFG teams have those words but we are the mother ship and don't need it attitude?

Changing the text to black or the 1894 would be no big deal when it came to production.

I don't understand those saying it isn't like the other 2 CFG badges, YES it does , the 2 color outer and inner rings are the same with the text arched around the top and biggest similarity is LIGHT BLUE used in them all.. If they were exact everybody would be moaning they all looked the same, they have to have differences that are connected to the city the teams are in.

As I understand it the 1972 badge wasn't registered as a trade mark but was simply copyrighted to MCFC. Copyright expired after 25 years in 1997 so the current badge was then produced but was registered as a trade mark allowing it to be renewed every 10 years.
My friend, now is not the time for a long debate or legal lecture. Trade marks are registerable rights. It's possible the TM expired but was clearly still protected by the common law action of passing off. Copyright cannot be registered and is only actionable upon infringement. The 25 years you refer to [I don't know the facts] must relate to the TM registered in 1972. You are correct to say that TMs are renewable every decade, as i am sure that they all will be from now on. For me, all bases covered now, down to 'MCFC', 'Man City' and so on. So chill and have a good one.

so, leaked by the Intellectual Property Office on their web site.
I am totally underwhelmed. some of the City fan concept jobs on here are better than that.
The rivers should be 3 white lines on whatever background (the white rivers on the blue background of current City badge for example).

The only good bit is the ship - which is actually the best ship ever on a City badge.

I'm gutted the Duke of Lancaster rose is on it. We're over 50 miles from Lancaster and was hoping it was going to be an exclusively Mancunian badge. It could have been a hell of a lot better. There've been far better designs on here. I'm underwhelmed!

But can't change it now and at least it's better than the current badge!

Before I sign off for Xmas, I pass on my modest legal view with some asthetic considerations thrown in.

1. FC - 'Manchester City' cannot be confused with any other organisation. hence why the Rags have ditched it.

2. Words - the Manchester at the top is emphatic and the City stands alone. We are often now called this around the world. I heard Ranieri call us 'City' the other day and so there you go. Not a bad thing, in my view.

3. 1894 - Again, resonates around the world. The dippers use their 1892 ad nauseum. Whilst our heritage is obvious to us, that's unlikely to be the case in, say, China, but where history and continuity are highly valued assets. If only our @Gary James has the opportunity to educate the British Media away from their 1992 obsession.

4. Colours - Multicolours will go down well with most. With respect, us moaners are a rather conservative lot. Out in the world of punters, they like bling. Is one colour Gold? It will shine under lights. The red also stands out and gives the badge individuality. As a born and bred Mancunian, I find being told that I am not from Lancashire very insulting. Others don't mind, obviously. Furthermore, I don't know but guess that there are spot colours being used [as opposed to standard pantones]. This makes copying both more difficult and more expensive.

5. Design - The circle is tidy and confident looking, much like Chelsea's, for example. I'd say that the overlapping shield also provides further protection against copying. Of course, someone will have a go but they will never get the colour and design exactly right.

Overall, it makes sense to me. I worked with the IPOs 20 years ago, They are probably the best in Manchester and so no surprise the club have engaged them. If you get the chance, read the classes that the trade marks are being applied for. The mind boggles. Onwards and upwards.

Merry Christmas from a wet and windy Manchester. Peace, Love and Freedom for all.
Thanks for those comments. I'll keep trying to educate the masses on this and the fact our women's team has been in existence for more than two years.

Right from the beginning of the consultation I said it should be the rose OR rivers. Including both in an attempt to please everyone will end up pleasing no one. As another poster said, if half vote for yellow, half vote for blue, you don't give them green. No one voted for green.

I love your passion but don't speak for others when others do not share your opinion.

I think the club have done a good job and whilst it is not 100/100 it is very good imp and I already love it

It's not perfect but I like it. Perfect for me would likely mean 50% more would dislike it so I'm happy. I love my umbro zip top with the round badge and now I can look forward to some modern getup next season with a similar badge. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.