Club Badge (merged)

I don't like it but I'm laughing my cock off at all the eagle outers who don't like it ,,,
all those making the big noise who wanted the big change, no eagle on my crest Lol

Be carful what you wish for you just may get it ...

In fact reading your displeasure at it is the only shining light in tho whole situation ...

Eagle inside the round not looking to bad now is it ...

Lol

Merry Christmas to all you blues and peace to all man kind

Except the designer team and eagle outers
There just dicks

Side by side comparison really does show how shit our current badge is
acc513901b.jpg

This would be better - and make the shield triple topped.. but thay're not going to change that now :(

Best we can hope for is a change of the writing to include FC.

Apologies for my poor photoshop skills btw! (only did it quickly)

manchester-city-new-crest__fc_zps8yfwxm3n.jpg

Black Text:

Think it looks too cluttered with the full "football club" bit, better with fc but just my opinion! Looks better in black though as you say.

Before I sign off for Xmas, I pass on my modest legal view with some asthetic considerations thrown in.

1. FC - 'Manchester City' cannot be confused with any other organisation. hence why the Rags have ditched it.

2. Words - the Manchester at the top is emphatic and the City stands alone. We are often now called this around the world. I heard Ranieri call us 'City' the other day and so there you go. Not a bad thing, in my view.

3. 1894 - Again, resonates around the world. The dippers use their 1892 ad nauseum. Whilst our heritage is obvious to us, that's unlikely to be the case in, say, China, but where history and continuity are highly valued assets. If only our @Gary James has the opportunity to educate the British Media away from their 1992 obsession.

4. Colours - Multicolours will go down well with most. With respect, us moaners are a rather conservative lot. Out in the world of punters, they like bling. Is one colour Gold? It will shine under lights. The red also stands out and gives the badge individuality. As a born and bred Mancunian, I find being told that I am not from Lancashire very insulting. Others don't mind, obviously. Furthermore, I don't know but guess that there are spot colours being used [as opposed to standard pantones]. This makes copying both more difficult and more expensive.

5. Design - The circle is tidy and confident looking, much like Chelsea's, for example. I'd say that the overlapping shield also provides further protection against copying. Of course, someone will have a go but they will never get the colour and design exactly right.

Overall, it makes sense to me. I worked with the IPOs 20 years ago, They are probably the best in Manchester and so no surprise the club have engaged them. If you get the chance, read the classes that the trade marks are being applied for. The mind boggles. Onwards and upwards.

Merry Christmas from a wet and windy Manchester. Peace, Love and Freedom for all.

So what is this execution please? Surely these 3 mid to high level designers are only voicing their personal opinion. As we all are on here.
Not necessarily, there are some elements in the composition which go against general modern design techniques, the straight text of City against the curved Manchester being one, the complementary tones for the ship and rivers may reproduce poorly in print and fabrics, the blue\red colours clash even when changing the blue tint stripes to white. And in my eye there is too much white space behind the ship.

Honestly mate, I wasn't being a dick so apologies if that's how it came across.

I've tried to explain to another poster earlier in the thread why it looks cartoonish and it's not easy to explain. I just look at it straight away and think cartoon, a few people I showed it to said exactly the same thing. You and others can't see it.

I think the shield popping out of the circle looks like something on a Warner Bros cartoon. I guess the huge text and loads of white space makes it look like it was made for toddlers as well. Also the shield being bevelled at the top, the top half of the shield with the boat being bigger than the bottom half with the rose makes it look like it's popping out of the shield, the designer would probably call it "dynamic". These things aren't standard in traditional badge design, they are features you would usually see in a cartoon drawing.

The colours used almost look a bit primary coloured which also makes it look like it is for toddlers.

All of these things might not mean anything to you, it's in the eye of the beholder. I don't know anything about fine art, someone could explain to me why the mona lisa is a masterpiece, but I don't see what they see, and no amount of explanation will make me see it through their eyes.

If you don't see it as cartoonish, no amount of explaining will make you see it through other people's eyes. But some people do see it as cartoonish, not saying their opinions are any better or worse than yours, people just interpret things differently.

not its fine mate :) i get what you mean. was just interested to see why you it looked cartoonish. I can see it a little bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.