Club Badge (merged)

I have come to realize that, whatever happens, someone will be annoyed. To that end I hope city go whole heartedly for one side or the other. I'm beginning to see that trying to please everyone will be the worst possible course of action. Either modernize a previous badge no eagle or keep the current. I hope it's the modern previous badge and that this time someone else is disappointed as I have been since the new badge's inception.

Where do I say or even infer the stars look pretty. The point I was making, which has been lost on you is that the current badge is the symbol of our success now.
The previous badges are of a different time and era, let them go as we did with Maine Road.
What seems to have been lost on you is that I don't want the old badges back and if we win the league this season - it'll total 5 championships not 3.

i get what your saying but we should never forget about our past. we are having success recently but we have another 100 years of history swell, we can't just think about now in terms of the badge. a badge should represent the entire history of the club[/QU
What seems to have been lost on you is that I don't want the old badges back and if we win the league this season - it'll total 5 championships not 3.
Then why are you bothering to mention the round badge from 68 if you do not want the old badge back? I am well aware we have won the league title 4 time but as I said it will be 3 Premierships in May next year. Christ people do like to argue on this sight.

i'll end this arguement now ... the 3 stars have nothing to do with league titles ... everyone assumed they were for the 3 european titles .... but as it turns out ... they were just added for style, not substance.

What does the eagle set us apart from? Palace, Lazio, Benfica?

The neighbours first, sadly they share the ship with us and the name Manchester. It also avoids mediocrity. As a global brand, you need something iconic and thats our eagle. Pains me to say it but the devil did and continues to do a lot for them in terms of brand. Fucking hate sarcasm by the way!

The devil works for them because they are The Red Devils, nothing else. We arent The Eagles.

The eagle has some absurb link to our Roman City heritage ....I didnt realise City were playing in Roman times.

I'd really like to stress that it's important to understand every element of the badges City have had and would urge everyone to book on one of my lectures and/or visit the consultation space. We did the first last night and I was amazed at the number of people who said that their views had changed once they'd listened to the badge evolution and seen images showing the use of ALL of our badges. For example the original (pre Red Rose) badge was worn on the pitch at Wembley in 1970 (come to the talks to find out more and to see the evidence) and it was prominent at the ECWC final of 1970, FAC final of 1969 and during City's 1967-68 title winning season. I'll explain all at the talks and will answer questions etc there.

This is a great opportunity City are giving us, so please come to the talks, see the evidence, ask questions and then spread the word of which elements matter to you. More details on the talks here http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/October/Badge-Consultation.

If you came to the talk then please feel free to add your comments on whether you gained anything or not. Cheers

(On the eagle - City do share that with Utd, in fact they wore it first!)

Last edited:
I'd really like to stress that it's important to understand every element of the badges City have had and would urge everyone to book on one of my lectures and/or visit the consultation space. We did the first last night and I was amazed at the number of people who said that their views had changed once they'd listened to the badge evolution and seen images showing the use of ALL of our badges. For example the original (pre Red Rose) badge was worn on the pitch at Wembley in 1970 (come to the talks to find out more and to see the evidence) and it was prominent at the ECWC final of 1970, FAC final of 1969 and during City's 1967-68 title winning season. I'll explain all at the talks and will answer questions etc there.

This is a great opportunity City are giving us, so please come to the talks, see the evidence, ask questions and then spread the word of which elements matter to you. More details on the talks here http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/October/Badge-Consultation.

If you came to the talk then please feel free to add your comments on whether you gained anything or not. Cheers

(On the eagle - City do share that with Utd, in fact they wore it first!)
Hi Gary was booked on your lecture for last night but unfortunately never made it due to traffic and rotten public transport.

I am going to try to get to the one on the 11th November as I am very interested to hear your take on the subject.

Hi Gary was booked on your lecture for last night but unfortunately never made it due to traffic and rotten public transport.

I am going to try to get to the one on the 11th November as I am very interested to hear your take on the subject.
Bad news about last night, but explain to City and I'm sure they'll get you on the 11th. I enjoyed hearing the views of everyone else last night, but most significant for me was how some changed their views on what they wanted based on the evidence and symbolism of each element. I don't want to say too much because I really think everyone should try and get to a talk and make their own opinions, but it's clear that some information about the elements of each badge simply don't come across in the right way on forums/videos etc. sometimes they need to be discussed.

There were definitely people there who represented all views, but by the end of the chat some who were keen on one particular style had changed their minds. I really hope every fan puts time and effort into understanding the elements. When they do I don't think age, birth place or anything affects their judgement (opposite to what has been suggested at times), I think it's a genuine interest in getting it right for City that then follows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.