Club Badge (merged)

Gary's excellent credentials and persuasive explanations have convinced many including the club hierarchy that Ardwick FC wasn't a direct antecedent of City - but not me. Here is not the place to expand but I'll do it in the 1880 vs 1894 thread.
I'll give it a read as I can't even pretend to claim any knowledge on it why so ever. Cheers.

And Merry Christmas to you George.

You're are being unusually kind - the lack of 'fc' is simply unacceptable to many fans and the 1894 date highly controversial despite the views of Gary. If you look at at the founding date of many venerable league clubs they have had various name changes along the way. 1880 saw the beginning of City arguably even earlier.

Manchester City (now a brand) was formed 1894 and it needs no FC reference. I guess if people aren't happy then go and boooooo the unveiling today and stop whining on here, or even go and get one of Gavs designs made and glue it over the top of the new one.

Gary's excellent credentials and persuasive explanations have convinced many including the club hierarchy that Ardwick FC wasn't a direct antecedent of City - but not me. Here is not the place to expand but I'll do it in the 1880 vs 1894 thread.

It doesn't really matter though does it George

Whether we were a direct follow on from Ardwick/St Marks, the fact remains that 1894 was when Manchester City were formed..that in itself is completely correct

2hchocl.jpg
15y927t.jpg

If the above is the actual design it's different from the snip it city have released.
On the snip it above, the blue band on the shield is the opposite way around. From the red petal you have blue banding before the gold?

2hchocl.jpg
15y927t.jpg

If the above is the actual design it's different from the snip it city have released.
On the snip it above, the blue band on the shield is the opposite way around. From the red petal you have blue banding before the gold?
And there would be a darker blue diagonal stripe where the rivers should be. I think I'm another avoiding this thread until after KO. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.