Club Silence on BM Refunds

Surely the common sense approach would be that you would contact club to advise that you are unable to attend? I called and got refunded no questions asked.

You can call anytime. Before or after. They know you have not attended as card not been used.

They said refunds will be made.

I've been otherwise engaged since last Wednesday and called the club yesterday expecting to get refund on an unused ticket on one of my family cards - only to be told they only offered refunds until end of play Friday.

Apparently I should have known that (by osmosis?) and failing that should have read the Ts and Cs on the site when buying.
Oh - and they also said it was "too difficult" to proactively let people know of these deadlines.

Despite them admitting to not doing anything proactive they have flatly refused to refund me for a ticket they know was unused. One thing that made me smile was their comment that "the vast majority" of people who booked tickets for the original game actually turned up for the second one!! Must have been a different game to the one I went to.

I've been going to games for over 40 years and in the last 24 hours have had cause seriously to wonder if the club values its fans.

Anyone else had problems?

Yeah they kept it quiet for a reason, there is no evidence of what @mayo31 claimed on the OS or on twitter, hence I started the thread, and the "anytime" refunds are false as you have now proved.

They should have done it automatically under the circumstances rather than 10k fans have to contact them, but as with the ticket collection in Glasgow, fans time wasted is not a concern to the club.

"The Club is unable to give any guarantees that any particular Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The Club reserves the right to reschedule any Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever. In the event of the postponement or abandonment of a Match, Purchasers shall be entitled to a full refund (including any booking and / or administration fee) or to attend any such re-arranged Match if they were entitled to attend the original Match. In order to obtain a refund, the Ticket / Entry Materials must be presented at the ticket office at the MCFC Ground no later than 7 days after the announcement of postponement / abandonment and no later than 24 hours before the kick-off time of the rescheduled Match, whichever is earlier. A refund will only be issued on production of satisfactory identification that the individual requesting the refund is the Purchaser."

The terms and conditions say the deadline was Tuesday at 7.45pm but the match was not even rearranged until Tuesday 10pm making refunds impossible according to T&Cs. So it would make no difference if you had or had not read them.

Away tickets are now sent out so late they it would be very difficult to return them either with the 7 day cut off.

Diabolical customer service, small minded penny pinching will have alienated a good few thousand city fans in a competition they are begging people to attend, I would suggest they forget sending stupid surveys and wake up, fans wasted time and money through no fault of their own supporting the club, the club should recognise it and act accordingly

Mate I know emailed the ticket office day after the replayed match and basically said he couldn't go due to work. Told ticket office to check his ticket hadn't been used and got email next day saying he will get a refund into his bank account. He is in the cup scheme so not sure if it is easier this way.

Mate I know emailed the ticket office day after the replayed match and basically said he couldn't go due to work. Told ticket office to check his ticket hadn't been used and got email next day saying he will get a refund into his bank account. He is in the cup scheme so not sure if it is easier this way.
It's a timing issue. They have refunded everyone who contacted them before Friday afternoon but after that its a big f*** off from the club.

It's a timing issue. They have refunded everyone who contacted them before Friday afternoon but after that its a big f*** off from the club.

That's not good to hear, thought we would treat all fans with respect, especially match going blues. Poor form that.

They can send a million surveys asking the stupidest questions, yet basic customer service eludes them, the money they should rightfully refund is a drop in the ocean, but no announcement, just silence. I can see even fewer people signing up for the schemes, the benefits otger

It'll end up like united mate, where you have to take on cup schemes..... watch this space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.