Club to make statement at 7.30

supermicahrichards said:
OrigamiNinja said:
I think the club are making a couple of statements.

1) That Hughes is going and Mancini is coming in

2) More importantly the owners mean business. Hughes has had £200 million so the owners are basically saying that if you are the manager of Manchester City you will be backed 100% but fail to deliver and you are gone!

Im not disgusted like some are saying on here, I am feeling a little sorry for Hughes but he was given the biggest opportunity any manager has ever had and 2 wins out of 11 suggests he is failing miserably. Hughes has been given time and enough money to decide his own destiny, he only has himself to blame.

We as fans need to stop settling for medicority because its plain to see that the owners wont settle for it!

half a season (with the money) isn't giving someone time IMO. It's not like we're not reaching our goals (wasn't top 6 the goal this year according to the owners?)

TWO HUNDRED MILLION OF THE QUEENS ENGLISH! Nobody can say he has not been backed by the owners, I have given Hughes my full backing but if you think the owners were going to let our poor form continue without doing something about it then I am afraid you are deluded. As for the target it is plain to see from comments by the players and even Hughes over the past 2 or 3 months that top 4 is the target! We cant keep saying week in week out that we have a game in hand and are only blah points behuind 4th. We need to grab the bull by the horns and make that top 4 slot ours rather than waiting on other results to go our way! Hughes has had his chance and he did not grab the bull by the horns, hopefully Mancini will!

I live in UAE and on showsports it highlighted Hughes is a gonner, At the end of todays game showed Hughes clearly waving goodbye before bowing his head. Whatever results speak for themselves and 2 league wins in 11 is just not the answer. All top teams are built on a solid defence and today was another defensive disaster. We need a manager who can organise a disciplined back four. Rather surprising Zabaleta gets a new contract yesterday as I certainly dont feel he is part of a succesful team to challenge for the league, Lescott was improving but clear the rest of back four out is top priority.

At a time when our support is as divided as it has ever been, this appointment had to be someone of a caliber that would instantly bring everyone back together again. If such a manager wasn't available, I'd have stuck it out til the end of the season.

Really not sure Mancini is the right answer and the way it's all been handled is a fucking disgrace. Hopefully Garry Cook is clearing out his office as well because today has been a shambles. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

OrigamiNinja said:
supermicahrichards said:
half a season (with the money) isn't giving someone time IMO. It's not like we're not reaching our goals (wasn't top 6 the goal this year according to the owners?)

TWO HUNDRED MILLION OF THE QUEENS ENGLISH! Nobody can say he has not been backed by the owners, I have given Hughes my full backing but if you think the owners were going to let our poor form continue without doing something about it then I am afraid you are deluded. As for the target it is plain to see from comments by the players and even Hughes over the past 2 or 3 months that top 4 is the target! We cant keep saying week in week out that we have a game in hand and are only blah points behuind 4th. We need to grab the bull by the horns and make that top 4 slot ours rather than waiting on other results to go our way! Hughes has had his chance and he did not grab the bull by the horns, hopefully Mancini will!
and if mancini cant grab the bull by the horns at least he can fcuk off with a load of the owners cash...

Dubai Blue said:
At a time when our support is as divided as it has ever been, this appointment had to be someone of a caliber that would instantly bring everyone back together again. If such a manager wasn't available, I'd have stuck it out til the end of the season.

Really not sure Mancini is the right answer and the way it's all been handled is a fucking disgrace. Hopefully Garry Cook is clearing out his office as well because today has been a shambles. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

Exactly how I feel mate!

Sky are saying that Toure had to break the news to the players this afternoon

He was called out of the dressing room to be told Hughes had been sacked

I actually think its been handled poorly by the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.