Club to make statement at 7.30

I think this is a fucking disgrace. For once in my life i thought we might get somewhere under Hughes. I reckon he'd started to love the club and we looked to have some stability. Granted, some performances have been a bit crap but it's not like we're struggling. This club is a fucking joke. Mancini won't make any difference whatsoever. Christ almighty, i'm fucking annoyed.

Thanx4Knives said:
citytillicry65 said:
why do people not rate him? - he won three league titles on the run in Italy

Yet he hasnt worked since? and has been linked with Sunderland, Newcastle and even Notts County. Now he is the man to lead us to success??

Because he only settled a contract with Inter last month.

Thanx4Knives said:
citytillicry65 said:
why do people not rate him? - he won three league titles on the run in Italy

Yet he hasnt worked since? and has been linked with Sunderland, Newcastle and even Notts County. Now he is the man to lead us to success??

He was handed the first 2 of the 3 scudettos he won (they originally finished 3rd in 05/06), for the second title, Milan and other high profile clubs had been docked points.

The third you cant take away from the fella, but is he the answer to our problems? Highly debatable.

IF hughes goes, i only hope the owners have the decency to come out and make a statement apologising for the way this has been announced (Mid-game wtf?!) and take ultimate responsibility for the situation.

Getting in (Yet another!) a manager who hasnt managed in the premiership with a team of players with primarily premiership experience (This was hughes immediate plan and surely OK'd by the owners) is, to me, a bizarre decision given the way we have been conducting business since our new owners arrived.

i'm in limbo until the announcement, feeling slightly depressed...

Call me old fashioned but I hope the new manager is on a perminant basis, I dont like the idea of a short term manager, I feel the club need to pin there hopes on whom ever the new guy is. It's our owners choice this time so it's a significant appointment who ever it is. Who ever it is will get my backing like Hughes had.

I think the club are making a couple of statements.

1) That Hughes is going and Mancini is coming in

2) More importantly the owners mean business. Hughes has had £200 million so the owners are basically saying that if you are the manager of Manchester City you will be backed 100% but fail to deliver and you are gone!

Im not disgusted like some are saying on here, I am feeling a little sorry for Hughes but he was given the biggest opportunity any manager has ever had and 2 wins out of 11 suggests he is failing miserably. Hughes has been given time and enough money to decide his own destiny, he only has himself to blame.

We as fans need to stop settling for medicority because its plain to see that the owners wont settle for it!

have nothing against mancini great player but if he comes in how long will it be before a similar situation happens im sick of chopping and changing managers we'll get nowhere if this keeps up...

Mancini please fucking god no!!!!!!! he won three titles when the teams above twice were disqualified for cheating! he inherited a good team! hes fucking useless and has been out of work for a year and a half, obviously hot property!!!!! This is clearly a Gary Cook appointment get fucking rid of him the fucking tosser hes fucking useless and get kenyon in!!! as we have won and MH not celebrated, hes a gonner, but that fucking tosser gry cook still there he is an embarrassment and i will not rest until he has gone, if he stays so does hughes IMO, otherwise i am completely losing faith in our club and new owners can fuck off for my money!

apparantly 5 live reporting rumours are mancini till summer? Anyone else hear this? It wasw on in the background

The time to make a decision is not today, nor the end of the season. A decision should be made in accordance with the reported business plan. My understanding is that the official target this season is a top six finish. That does not seem to be an unreasonable expectation given our current position.

Mark Hughes has acted with great dignity and has brought a new professionalism to the club. Replacing him now reminds me of bygone days with a succession of new managers every twelve months or less bringing with them successive failure to achieve. If the new manager is to be Roberto Mancini, I wish him every success as he will be managing the club I have supported for forty years. I do not believe he will build Rome in a day though and I would much rather see the owners, and the board support their own business plan and the manager they have professed to have such faith in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.