Club unveil training ground in Ilkay Gundogan’s name

We wanted him to stay that's true, but clearly not enough to persuade him to stay.

We wanted Kyle Walker to stay, but not enough, then we realised he was serious about Bayern, so when shit got real we got real with Kyle and he stayed.

We didn't do that with Ilkay.
You're convinced the club has dropped a bollock with Ilkay. Fine. I disagree, but I'm not going to spend all day arguing the toss with you. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine.

Crap. You know full well he wanted to go to Barca and it wasn`t about money or anything else other than his wish.

I don't know full well.

You and I can disagree and we clearly do, that's fine, but when you say I know full well, but still persist in stating otherwise, then you're accusing me of lying.

Give it a rest.

We wanted him to stay that's true, but clearly not enough to persuade him to stay.

We wanted Kyle Walker to stay, but not enough, then we realised he was serious about Bayern, so when shit got real we got real with Kyle and he stayed.

We didn't do that with Ilkay.
He was out of conract and wanted to spend his last couple of years in the sun with barca , you are so wrong to blame the club , we cant hold any player hostage , stop making out that pep didnt try and keep him

I think (happy to be corrected) that this is the third training pitch we’ve named in honour of a player - Joe Hart, YaYa and now Ilkay.
I wonder what the criteria is for a statue rather than this? Obviously the statue is a much bigger deal - I think length of service must play a part in the decision in addition to (particularly in the case of YaYa) various other intangibles.

I'm with you @The perfect fumble - I do believe he always wanted to play for Barcelona and the timing was perfect, but ultimately we weren't willing to give him the contract he wanted. I think the club were right in taking that stance, they have been generally. Ideally Pep would have had De Bruyne, Bernardo and Rodri in the majority of games so far, but the first two still are/have been injured and the third was suspended. In such a crucial position there's no way Pep would have wanted to throw Kovacic and Nunes straight in the way he had to.

I think (happy to be corrected) that this is the third training pitch we’ve named in honour of a player - Joe Hart, YaYa and now Ilkay.
I wonder what the criteria is for a statue rather than this? Obviously the statue is a much bigger deal - I think length of service must play a part in the decision in addition to (particularly in the case of YaYa) various other intangibles.
Joe did ten yrs with us but he wasnt on a par with sergio, dave and vinny , importance to us in our best years seems to get you a statue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.