Club unveil training ground in Ilkay Gundogan’s name

From the Daily Mirror...

"It had been reported that Manchester City had only offered the former Borussia Dortmund ace a one-year deal.

But in an interview with German outlet BILD, Gundogan has scotched talk that he left City over the length of any deal before revealing that he would have probably stayed with the champions had they started contract talks sooner."

In the end he left, but it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he could have stayed, as Ilkay himself admitted.

So fellow forum member we're just chewing the fat here, there was not need to get personal about it.
Ah the bastions of good old "truth" The Mirror. Certainly you got rattled by every ones comments to yourself.
You only just stated you "didn`t know too well".Make your mind up time.

Ah the bastions of good old "truth" The Mirror. Certainly you got rattled by every ones comments to yourself.
The quote is from an interview Ilkay gave to Bild! Are you stating Ilkay didn't say what he did in that interview?

The quote from the Bild interview....

The German international said, “City waited a relatively long time until the talks really intensified. If this had happened a little earlier, the situation would have been different.”

What the fuck is your problem?

Last edited:
The quote is from an interview Ilkay gave to Bild! Are you stating Ilkay didn't say what he did in that interview?

The quote from the Bild interview....

The German international said, “City waited a relatively long time until the talks really intensified. If this had happened a little earlier, the situation would have been different.”

What the fuck is your problem?
You`re the one stating "you didn`t know" not me.
;)

I've got a funny feeling we've not seen the back of Silky at our club. I just think maybe he'll become a top coach and end up here one day. Just strikes me as someone very intelligent and all what he's learned from Pep he could put into practice. Watch this space.
Could easily see him as a Director of Football and/or on the board tbh.

Apparently, he spells his name two different ways on twitter.....

View attachment 96550
Yep, it is just because if you need to spell with an umlaut/Turkish version, and there isn't one available, you add an e afterwards. Twitter doesn't let you have it in names. So Köln becomes Koeln, Mönchengladbach to Moenchengladbach, etc.

Yes I am that sad.

I think (happy to be corrected) that this is the third training pitch we’ve named in honour of a player - Joe Hart, YaYa and now Ilkay.
I wonder what the criteria is for a statue rather than this? Obviously the statue is a much bigger deal - I think length of service must play a part in the decision in addition to (particularly in the case of YaYa) various other intangibles.
Just looked it up and found training pitches for:
Joe Hart
Yaya Toure
Illay Gundogan
Sergio Aguero
Fernandinho
Vincent Kompany
David Silva

It looks like there are 16 training pitches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.