Clubs furloughing staff

Looks like the FA might want a slice too,last sentence....

Gareth Southgate is to take a 30% pay cut as one of the Football Association's highest earning employees.

FA chief executive Mark Bullingham said the total financial impact of the pandemic on English football's governing body is predicted to be around £100m but could rise to more than £150m.

The FA said it had proposed all staff earning over £50,000 take a temporary 7.5% pay cut, with senior management agreeing to cut their pay by 15% and the highest earners agreeing to reduce their pay by up to 30%.

Southgate signed a new contract in 2018, reportedly worth £3m per year.

Chief executive Mark Bullingham said these were "challenging times" and the FA did not "take these decisions lightly."

The government's furlough scheme is being looked at as a contingency plan.

They've reversed the decision to furlough staff. Better late than never.

A disgrace it happened in the first place though.

They've reversed the decision to furlough staff. Better late than never.

A disgrace it happened in the first place though.

Aye was just about to post.

****s damage of their true selves already shown.

I wonder if that mouthpiece on twitter will spout the same garbage as they were about the Excel in that its a show of "great journalism" that got them to backtrack? Somehow, I doubt it.

Posted this in the Liverpool thread but more appropriate here...

Liverpool have done a U-turn after a backlash. So that simply proves that the decision to do it in the first place was never out of necessity but pure and simple greed. This makes it worse in my eyes and should not be forgiven.

Even Manchester United have done the decent thing and followed City in refusing to do it, now maybe that was in part due to the backlash Liverpool got but either way they came to the correct decision first time.

Utter utter scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.