Clubs merging

Cityfan

Consolidation is a fact in the business world, currently in English football it looks as if a few clubs are going to dominate the top. Do you think some of the smaller clubs should join forces to challenge for trophies?

Personally I feel that Liverpool and Everton have not got the resources to compete seperately but together they could be a real threat to the currnet order, the same is true for Brum and Villa and in North London Spurs and Arsenal. It would be a shame to see these clubs wither on the vine and together they could create a more competetive premiership to the benefit of all.
It has happened elsewhere in Britain with the merging of three clubs to from Inverness Caley Thistle. Should other middle ranked clubs be doing the same thing?

Out of interest, what do you think Everton could bring to Liverpool?

I dont think there is much they have to offer besides a few players and some fans

mention ground sharing to the dippers is fun but asking if they would merge with Everton would be a step to far

never going to happen IMO

ell said:
Out of interest, what do you think Everton could bring to Liverpool?

I dont think there is much they have to offer besides a few players and some fans
Together they could build a fair sized stadium and with the combined support of both clubs they could bring quite a bit of revenue, seperately they are both reasonably well supported clubs, together they would once more be players in European football.

lol Villa/Brum, Arsenal/Spurs don't even like to share a friggin bus.

Them lot from L4 should atleast ground share in the park tho.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFjAPGCNJHI[/youtube]

Cityfan said:
Consolidation is a fact in the business world, currently in English football it looks as if a few clubs are going to dominate the top. Do you think some of the smaller clubs should join forces to challenge for trophies?

Personally I feel that Liverpool and Everton have not got the resources to compete seperately but together they could be a real threat to the currnet order, the same is true for Brum and Villa and in North London Spurs and Arsenal. It would be a shame to see these clubs wither on the vine and together they could create a more competetive premiership to the benefit of all.
It has happened elsewhere in Britain with the merging of three clubs to from Inverness Caley Thistle. Should other middle ranked clubs be doing the same thing?

Is there a reason you ommitted us and the scum from this merging question?
Or are we supposedly above such notions?

BlueMo' said:
Cityfan said:

Were the top 2 clubs in the league I dont think there would be any need to merge to become a superpower. I think is the reason he didnt include us

BlueMo' said:

As reply above, us and scum are strong enough on our own, we don't really need to merge.

Cityfan said:
BlueMo' said:

As reply above, us and scum are strong enough on our own, we don't really need to merge.

Of course it's not always been like that. It is a very sad fact that in the early to mid 60s (before Mercer) a City director held meetings with Utd suggesting the 2 clubs should first ground share (at OT) then merge because "Manchester isn't big enough for 2 sides"!

Don't believe me... read the material I included in Farewell To Maine Road and Manchester A Football History.

Although I'd love to see it happen with other teams, I doubt it ever will. Ground shares, yes, not club mergers though - the fans wouldn't let it happen. Would you want to merge with United? Hmm don't think so, I'd rather go back and remain in Div 2, than entertain merging with another club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.