Clubs merging

Gary James said:
cantona01 said:
Incidentally I have read the book and it is very good - lots of stuff i didnt know
Well I have been actively researching City (and Utd, Cantona01) for over 20 years, so I'd hope there's stuff that is news to readers.

As one of the 2 books has been out of print for over 8 years I'd hardly say it was a plug (and I did say 'don't believe me..' if you do believe me then you won't need to look at the evidence). I regularly suggest people get the books out of a library. I'd encourage any Manchester football fan to read about their club however they can.

To be fair to Gary, it was me who turned the mentions of his books into links to buy them from Amazon. Just because I could add a Bluemoon code to get a referral fee to help fund the site if anyone was interested in buying them.

the merger thing has worked in welsh and irish rugby and the results have been there for all to behold

Is it my imagination, or wasn't there an attempt to get Bury, Oldham and Rochdale to merge and become Manchester North End a few (20ish) years ago?

Rangers and Celtic could merge - it would put an end to the sectarianism and they might then be worthy to join the English league.

Seriously, this merging of clubs is always going to go down like a cup of cold sick with fans. The neighbours tend always to be bitter rivals. Merging any of the clubs mentioned would be like us merging with United from the fans POV. Might make good sense business-wise and at a logical level, but you would lose at least a fair proportion of the total fan base.

If the we did merge with the Rags, Manchester FC would undoubtedly be the biggest and richest club in the world, and need a ground with 120k capacity at least. But does anyone want it? Of course not! Fans of other clubs are no different in their attitude.

BrianW said:
Rangers and Celtic could merge - it would put an end to the sectarianism and they might then be worthy to join the English league.

Seriously, this merging of clubs is always going to go down like a cup of cold sick with fans. The neighbours tend always to be bitter rivals. Merging any of the clubs mentioned would be like us merging with United from the fans POV. Might make good sense business-wise and at a logical level, but you would lose at least a fair proportion of the total fan base.

If the we did merge with the Rags, Manchester FC would undoubtedly be the biggest and richest club in the world, and need a ground with 120k capacity at least. But does anyone want it? Of course not! Fans of other clubs are no different in their attitude.

FC United City of Manchester ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.