Clubs who have huge potential for a rich backer?

If I had the cash and wanted a hobby of turning a sleeping giant into a giant, I'd look at big towns/cities where they don't have a regular PL team. I'd also want a 'rival' who we would overtake in time - basically like us v United. Our rise came at their expense most notably when we won the league, but it's a fascinating story.

I think Sunderland could be huge as they'd have the south of the Tyne and do have the potential to get pretty big crowds. They also, like us, have a history as well and the rise of Sunderland to potentially overtake Newcastle would be something.

Sheff Wednesday are another. Sheffield hasn't really got a regular PL team but Wednesday are the big team there. They should be in the PL and have the potential to be the biggest club in Yorkshire.

As an outside bet, I love Bristol, it's one of my favourite cities. I also like Bristol Rovers kit and have done since I was a kid. I'd love to get them up into the PL!

West Ham
Sunderland
Leeds
Spurs
Brighton (largest area without another football club in the country)
Palace (largest catchment area without another club in London)
Cardiff
Birmingham
Everton
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Plymouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield United
Hull
York
Hearts
Hibs

Does a team need a local rival tho.. biggest rivalries are sometimes between clubs from different parts of there country, United had great battles with Arsenal with the Fergie and Wenger era.. Liverpool and Chelsea under Benitez and Mourinho and even now City and Liverpool are probably the biggest rivals with Pep and Klopp going head to head. We are not even touching the Ajax and Feynoord.. Bayern and Dortmund or Madrid and Barca as games were local rivalry is not important.
Catchment areas are not important at all all that matters is the money an investor pumps into there project or vanity fair.. City and Wrexham are living proof both those investors would of got exactly the same results as now if they had put there money into Everton and Rochdale.

If I had the cash and wanted a hobby of turning a sleeping giant into a giant, I'd look at big towns/cities where they don't have a regular PL team. I'd also want a 'rival' who we would overtake in time - basically like us v United. Our rise came at their expense most notably when we won the league, but it's a fascinating story.

I think Sunderland could be huge as they'd have the south of the Tyne and do have the potential to get pretty big crowds. They also, like us, have a history as well and the rise of Sunderland to potentially overtake Newcastle would be something.

Sheff Wednesday are another. Sheffield hasn't really got a regular PL team but Wednesday are the big team there. They should be in the PL and have the potential to be the biggest club in Yorkshire.

As an outside bet, I love Bristol, it's one of my favourite cities. I also like Bristol Rovers kit and have done since I was a kid. I'd love to get them up into the PL!
A big local rivalry is always great for generating interest and revenue. Everton trying to topple Liverpool would be huge commercially (for both clubs). I wouldn't be surprised if someone steps in at Everton from the Middle East. It would be great for English football, especially in the North West.

Does a team need a local rival tho.. biggest rivalries are sometimes between clubs from different parts of there country, United had great battles with Arsenal with the Fergie and Wenger era.. Liverpool and Chelsea under Benitez and Mourinho and even now City and Liverpool are probably the biggest rivals with Pep and Klopp going head to head. We are not even touching the Ajax and Feynoord.. Bayern and Dortmund or Madrid and Barca as games were local rivalry is not important.
Catchment areas are not important at all all that matters is the money an investor pumps into there project or vanity fair.. City and Wrexham are living proof both those investors would of got exactly the same results as now if they had put there money into Everton and Rochdale.
Not exactly. Leeds don't have another team like Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and Sheffield does.

However because everybody hates them. They aren't short of rivalry games.

Everton will probably be the next Newcastle as the potential investors will have a state of the art stadium and potential competition to challenge Liverpool. Like we have in challenging Man United which we have succeed beyond our wildest dreams.

Leicester City, 8th biggest city in the country, one club city, huge catchment area, over million people living in the city/county

Not that I’m biased

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.