Coates - 7M, Mertesacker - £8M, Savic - £7M

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Lescott is playing very well and a fully proven premier league player and we have Kolo in reserve (plus Micah can move over if we have a crisis) so a player more for the future sounds right to me.

Fed up of hearing about Lescott being the weak link. I just don't think he is.[/quote]

me too, he`s fine

A good discussion, Lescott has improved but although he's good in the air, with his feet he is lacking in control and confidence. He is not the "world class" standard we need to be challenging for the CL. Personally I like Neven Subotic 6' 4" 22 years old part of the most successful defense in the Bundesliga. I would like us to get him at some point. I havent seen enough of Savic yet.

Plain Speaking said:
A good discussion, Lescott has improved but although he's good in the air, with his feet he is lacking in control and confidence. He is not the "world class" standard we need to be challenging for the CL. Personally I like Neven Subotic 6' 4" 22 years old part of the most successful defense in the Bundesliga. I would like us to get him at some point. I havent seen enough of Savic yet.

Subotic is one of those players that has been highly rated for a while and considered one of the best defensive prospects about, as was Smion Kjaer a couple of years back. I think we were linked with kjaer undeer hughes but not sure if he's really progressed too much or not?

Plain Speaking said:

Agree good discussion, good to get away from all the transfer saga's. However i don't agree with the comments about Lescott on the floor, to me he alway's look ok as long as he doesn't try to go long, i think Mancini has stressed that point to him as now he never seems to give it more than 10 yds, we have enough quality going on in the team to come short for the ball. The one thing negative about Lescott is that he gets too close to the forward when moving away from the goal, this give the forward a chance to go down, remember Doyle for Wolves, he just need to be a bit smarter.

David Luiz isn't all that tall, 6'2", but he sure is comfortable on the ball. And the boy can jump, pass, dribble and shoot. A midfielder in defense. If his mental abilities improve, he will have a bright future in the EPL.

Thiago Silva is only 6', yet he is in my opinion one of the most promising defenders in the world. Can pass the ball and fast as hell. Some consider him player of the year in Milan, last season.

We already have a tall boy in defense, VK. To make the defense more versatile, a technically gifted, pacey defender would complement VK much better than a typical EPL snail paced Colossus with two left feet.

Personally I think Mertesacker could spell disaster for Arsenal, given his lack of pace. If Arsenal play the offside trap, Mertesacker will be a liability.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Plain Speaking said:

Subotic is one of those players that has been highly rated for a while and considered one of the best defensive prospects about, as was Smion Kjaer a couple of years back. I think we were linked with kjaer undeer hughes but not sure if he's really progressed too much or not?

Kjaer has just moved to Roma from Wolfsberg. Don't think he has progressed as expected

Don`t worry guys, IF we needed a world class centre back we can swap Balotelli for Thiago Silva.

Tevez City said:
Don`t worry guys, IF we needed a world class centre back we can swap Balotelli for Thiago Silva.

I'd make that swap in a heart beat if I was Mancini. Not so sure about if Milan would make that swap though.. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.