Coffee Machines

There are those that appreciate coffee and those that don't.
You've got to admit, there's a whole load of pretentious shite surrounding coffee, like wine, cheese, olive oil, artisan ales etc etc. I do like my Italian anchovies whole and in rock salt though.....Maybe I'm just a peasant.

We've got an old school Gaggia Classic, every now and then I wonder about getting something a bit more automated that would get more use.

You've got to admit, there's a whole load of pretentious shite surrounding coffee, like wine, cheese, olive oil, artisan ales etc etc. I do like my Italian anchovies whole and in rock salt though.....Maybe I'm just a peasant.

100%,my comment was very tongue in cheek......but to try and compare the dirty water served from a jar to grinding a bean and shoving it through a quality espresso machine is night and day.

I love the entire process,there is nothing better than a proper coffee at times.

I recently bought the Pro (an upgrade from a very adequate but basic Beko) i'm still trying to master the perfect balance......but its a quality bit of kit.
I've also got the Barista Pro. Taken me about 18 months to learn how to get it right and not end up with a cup of coffee that tastes like someone stubbed out a load of fag-ends in it.

100%,my comment was very tongue in cheek......but to try and compare the dirty water served from a jar to grinding a bean and shoving it through a quality espresso machine is night and day.

I love the entire process,there is nothing better than a proper coffee at times.
Agree I got rid of my super automatic as it just made mediocre coffee that and using proper fresh beans no more supermarket or Amazon rubbish

I’m loving this bean at the moment

I've also got the Barista Pro. Taken me about 18 months to learn how to get it right and not end up with a cup of coffee that tastes like someone stubbed out a load of fag-ends in it.

Lol,yeah i hear you......i spent a fucking fortune on beans initially,working out different timings and grinds.....had it about 6 weeks now and obviously still not perfected it,but i have managed a very decent effort.

Still very much hit and miss with the fucking frother though!

Agree I got rid of my super automatic as it just made mediocre coffee that and using proper fresh beans no more supermarket or Amazon rubbish

I’m loving this bean at the moment

The trouble with purchasing a new blend is its back to basics with finding the right settings!! lol

Yes but you will need to alter grinding settings as the beans age any way my machine works well around 7-8 on those beans gives a great crema and tastes good.

Cheers.

So the fresher,generally the finer the grind setting?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.