Coffee Machines

Channelling is a shot killer for sure, but a puck screen won't help if your puck prep is poor. Water will still find the easiest way through.

They definitely keep shower screen a lot cleaner though.
Yes 100%

I’m going to get a bottomless portafilter next to see how the shot does but the screen has made a big improvement so little cost

I've been using a Nespresso Machine for a few years, but they just aren't as nice as a proper espresso.

I bought this on Facebook Marketplace for £50 at weekend (https://www.very.co.uk/swan-retro-espresso-maker-grey/1600477311.prd?_requestid=451428&Ntt=swan espresso) - all good so far. Not bean to cup, but may buy myself one of those handheld grinders.
It's likely to have a pressurised basket, for which I'd be inclined to stick with pre-ground coffee. Anything too finely ground will just clog the machine.

If you are wanting really good coffee cheaply, then a hand grinder, a set of digital scales and a V-60/Melita would be my preferred option.

It's likely to have a pressurised basket, for which I'd be inclined to stick with pre-ground coffee. Anything too finely ground will just clog the machine.

If you are wanting really good coffee cheaply, then a hand grinder, a set of digital scales and a V-60/Melita would be my preferred option.

Thanks

I literally only drink Espresso, so will stick to a machine.

I did try an Aeropress but you can't get the same pressure a machine does, and so doesn't produce the Crema. I took it back!

Thanks

I literally only drink Espresso, so will stick to a machine.

I did try an Aeropress but you can't get the same pressure a machine does, and so doesn't produce the Crema. I took it back!
Aeropress are good for what they are, but people often believe they can make espresso when they can't. It more of an infusion brewing technique than a pumped espresso technique.

You can certainly make very decent coffee with an Aeropress though. There are some really good recipes/techniques out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.