Coffee

Nothing beats the smell of coffee in a percolator when you come downstairs in the morning. It's absolutely amazing.

If you took away my brew in a hot shower, you'd destroy me :)

Recently bought an aero press and prefer it to my stove top and French Press.
Use the inverted method but still open to experimentation. More of grind size issue perhaps.
Open to tips/advice.

Getting good beans is a must and you'll never get these in a supermarket.
Lots and lots of quality roasters in the UK now (me and mate run a coffee listing project as a 'side biz' and list around 550 roasters now.

The likes of North Tea Power, Takk, Federal, Foundation, Ancoats, Coffee Fix in Manchester all serve really, really good coffee.

My Gaggia espresso machine needs fixing (those old school metal ones) but you can get close to perfection with those, but many variables.

Would love a decent dual boiler machine and better burr grinder mind....
Gaggia classic is a great machine, and open to being modified (rabbit hole).

Varying the grind size (non-pressurised basket) to control the brew time to get that perfect shot is an art form.

interested in reviews, I've been looking at the XC60
Fucking hell. Volvo think of everything.

I've just become a serious coffee drinker after years of drinking tea. Started after trying something from my brother's pod machine and realising coffee could taste half decent. So bought my own but always felt there was more to be had from coffee, as i've always loved the smell of coffee beans.

Found this blog, https://coffeeblog.co.uk/ which gave me much more of an idea of the difference between various types of machines. So I decided to splash out on a decent espresso machine and after some research, went for the Sage Barista Pro, which has an integrated grinder.

First couple of attempts were disastrous but after reading the online manual, watching some of the Coffeeblog videos and experimenting with the settings, I now get a pretty decent cup, which I can adjust as required.

As a test I went into a Costa the other day & had a latte. It wasn't as good as the ones I make at home. I use 18g of beans and put in slightly more than the standard double shot of water that the machine would dispense. Perfect.

Fucking hell. Volvo think of everything.

I've just become a serious coffee drinker after years of drinking tea. Started after trying something from my brother's pod machine and realising coffee could taste half decent. So bought my own but always felt there was more to be had from coffee, as i've always loved the smell of coffee beans.

Found this blog, https://coffeeblog.co.uk/ which gave me much more of an idea of the difference between various types of machines. So I decided to splash out on a decent espresso machine and after some research, went for the Sage Barista Pro, which has an integrated grinder.

First couple of attempts were disastrous but after reading the online manual, watching some of the Coffeeblog videos and experimenting with the settings, I now get a pretty decent cup, which I can adjust as required.

As a test I went into a Costa the other day & had a latte. It wasn't as good as the ones I make at home. I use 18g of beans and put in slightly more than the standard double shot of water that the machine would dispense. Perfect.
First few cups out of any new machine are normally crap. They can take awhile to dial in, but once you have it nailed it is most satisfying.

I personally can't stand Costa. I'll drink it as a last resort, but I won't go out of my way to drink it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.