Cold Weather Plumbing...

Swales lives said:
SouthStand211 said:
My washing machine flooded the kitchen as the overflow pipe had frozen up. Been like that for 6 days now. Outside pipe needs to thaw out but may not be till tomorrow or Tuesday when temps return to 1c.

I'm in a similar boat, my washer's out in the old brick out-building. Frozen solid, the outside bog's frozen up too. That's my job tomorrow. A million kettles and hypothermia. Happy days.

If anyone has the same problem, the solution hit me almost a week later. Put the overflow pipe into your kitchen sink. Waaaaallah!

SouthStand211 said:
Swales lives said:
I'm in a similar boat, my washer's out in the old brick out-building. Frozen solid, the outside bog's frozen up too. That's my job tomorrow. A million kettles and hypothermia. Happy days.

If anyone has the same problem, the solution hit me almost a week later. Put the overflow pipe into your kitchen sink. Waaaaallah!
had to do that with the drain pipe from our boiler

the heating kept going off and wouldn't start off as the pipe outside was frozen

£4 later and the pipe was made to take it to the sink instead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.