Cole Palmer

It’s not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of us selling the promising academy graduates before giving them a real run in the side. Though I’d hate to see us lose, I hope if we do sell him to Chelsea, the lad rips us a new one when we face him as a way of sticking two fingers up to those that sold him. I know that’s what I’d be wanting to do.
Personally if we sell him to Chelsea I'll be hoping he gets a few own goals.

Two glorified friendlies yes but how mins did Mactee/Bobb/Gomes get in them? Why if he's such a bad fit? My response was to someone who thinks our squad depth is bulging with so much quality that he cant see a spot for Palmer.
He’s a good player. If he told Pep that his intention was to graft his bollocks off in order to win his starting place I imagine we would turn down all offers for him. It seems he’s open to a move though and past experience tells us that’s all it takes for Pep to move on.
Our squad isn’t bloated by any means. I think we are right about where Pep would class as ideal though I wouldn’t rule out one more addition if this goes through.

Its not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of that bald fella giving it the big I am at City. He aint got a clue how to evaulate talent and build a title winning team.

But in all seriousness, will catch a few with that.

I get what he means, I'd want Cole to thrive there aswell. Think he has a right to have a chip on his shoulder when we are buying unproven lads from the French League for big money rather than give him his chance.

However I definitely draw the line on him 'tearing us a new arsehole' when we play Chelsea! Hope he has a stinker and scores 3 own goals!

It’s not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of us selling the promising academy graduates before giving them a real run in the side. Though I’d hate to see us lose, I hope if we do sell him to Chelsea, the lad rips us a new one when we face him as a way of sticking two fingers up to those that sold him. I know that’s what I’d be wanting to do.
You want us to get beat in an important game just so an academy lad can stick two fingers up at us?
What kind of tomfoolery is this?
Jesus wept.

Yeah he's had a tough 18 months with lots of niggling injuries but I feel he's past that now. Looked really promising in the U21 Euros and our pre season games. He made a game winning impact in a European final just a few weeks ago.

He's definitely got something. He doesn't just rely on pace like a lot of young wide players. His footballing brain is excellent, his ability to feign a shot and beat a man is already up there with Mahrez and he is brilliant at turning his man as well. His performance against Sevilla was absolutely top class.

With the poor decision making in the final third last season I was surprised Pep kept using him. We've seen Phil dragged off or benched after just one poor decision but not only did Cole get opportunities he also featured in an attacking midfield role. Pep clearly rates him highly. He wanted to win the Super Cup desperately and he started Palmer. That was a clear message to say "stay at the club". Had we been a couple of goals up against Sheffield United he'd have come on as well.

There's a chance he can establish himself with us this season. I don't get why he'd go to Chelsea where he might play a bit more, but it's no certainty. We've got an extra competition compared to them for him to play in too.

I doubt the club thought we'd be getting offers at £35m though. If Chelsea do go up to £45m then we probably have to take it. We've just signed Doku who is a couple of weeks younger yet has 80 more first team appearances and 14 international caps to his name. We can enhance the team with that money and good wide players are plentiful at the moment. We've even got Ndala in our own academy who is an excellent prospect.

I get what he means, I'd want Cole to thrive there aswell. Think he has a right to have a chip on his shoulder when we are buying unproven lads from the French League for big money rather than give him his chance.

However I definitely draw the line on him 'tearing us a new arsehole' when we play Chelsea! Hope he has a stinker and scores 3 own goals!
I don't really give a shit what Palmer does as soon as he leaves City tbh. Weird to want him to succeed. This isn't a charity.

How many more times does Pep need to see Palmer in training or in a game? Hes been in this squad for two full seasons now. We cant just keep crying out for giving him a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.