Cole Palmer

He would, but his wages will jump from £15k a week to over £100k a week. If your sat on a bench then get well paid for it! Lord knows, that's what judges do!

Tbf @domalino convinced me otherwise with some of his posts. The quality of competition is less there than it is here.

Still a bit of a gamble though for all kinds of reasons. But maybe he feels like he needs to roll the dice to progress.

For me part of this comes down to the fact that deep down I feel like it would be amazing to have a team where most of the players are English or or especially local academy players. It just feels more authentic. Like when you see Phil against the rags you understand how much he wants to beat them. Palmer is surely the second or third most exciting prospect to come out of our academy in the last decade. I want him to stay and do well. But I get that pep doesn’t see it like this and he is happy to buy anybody to bring the success.
I honestly think there’s some kind of attitude issue going on here - he has the talent, didn’t step last season but looks like he will this season. He should back himself and stay one more season with us

For what it's worth I heard that Oscar Bobb is rated very highly within the club and it may be that we can't clear a path for both into the first team. Maybe the decision is that we would sooner keep Bobb than Palmer and if we can then get £40 million in the process then it does make sense.

Just look at Sancho, people were up in arms when he left, how many would want him back now?
Wasn't they spouting similar guff last season about Wilson-Esbrand

I genuinely think he might have what it takes but not sure his attitude sits well with Pep
I would love him to stay at City & prove all his doubters wrong, i just dont think we are a club that can realistically give him the time he will need to do that.
Nearly every game we play is important in terms of winning trophies or titles, we just dont have the time to give these kids, maybe when another club is top of the tree, we will have the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.