Cole Palmer

4 assists and 1 goal against the mighty Bournemouth and some City fans have placed him on an altar and raised his statue. F* me, even if I was playing there was no way Bournemouth would have beaten City. They are literal City punching bags like Watford.
"It's only Bournemouth" is a fair take, but he's carving up his opposite man almost every week at the moment. Yeah he isn't getting 4 assists, but he looks really good.

4 assists and 1 goal against the mighty Bournemouth and some City fans have placed him on an altar and raised his statue. F* me, even if I was playing there was no way Bournemouth would have beaten City. They are literal City punching bags like Watford.
He has had a wonderful start to his career with us that's all that matters.

Palmer wanted out, he backed his talent and total respect for him in doing so, he to has had a very good start at Chelsea under difficult circumstances.

At 12 years old surely they can't 'commit' to 5 years anywhere?
Sure, quick google search confirms the 2 year plus 1 year extensions up to 17 etc etc, more that today prospects (parents/guardians) are being advised to ask for and maybe promised opportunities beyond what they can be signed up for. Almost an expectation today that you'll be an established regular first team starter by age 20, if it doesn't work out for you as mapped out you look elsewhere.

Watching him play for Chelsea I stay with my opinion, he has everything to be a big star, apart from getting stuck in and winning the ball back. Good to the lad!

Watching him play for Chelsea I stay with my opinion, he has everything to be a big star, apart from getting stuck in and winning the ball back. Good to the lad!
Agree. He's done well at chavs and that's great for him. But he's got an old school winger vibe about him. Stays high and wide and doesn't get that involved out of possession. He's also noticeably slower than a lot of his team mates. But he plays like he belongs and he's not fazed. Just shows that a bit of class gets you a long way.

As well as his considerable skill on the ball, he can shoot and knows where the goal is. And critically - something extremely rare in fact - he has a killer pass in him as well, which is something that we greatly lack across our squad, KDB and to a degree Foden excluded. David Silva had it in spades, KDB ditto and also Palmer shows he has that eye for a well timed and weighted through ball. I think he's amazing and have done for years and I was gutted to see him go.

The club's policy on players who want out (as Palmer apparently did) is pretty constant, to be fair. If we get a bid that the club deems acceptable, then we let the player go. He wanted more game time, which was always going to be difficult, given the squad we have. I'm comfortable with the decision to let him leave. Will we end up regretting it? Who knows? In the same way as signing a player has an element of risk, the same applies to outgoing transfers. Players come and go, the club goes on.

What a weird post.

The club's policy on players who want out (as Palmer apparently did) is pretty constant, to be fair. If we get a bid that the club deems acceptable, then we let the player go. He wanted more game time, which was always going to be difficult, given the squad we have. I'm comfortable with the decision to let him leave. Will we end up regretting it? Who knows? In the same way as signing a player has an element of risk, the same applies to outgoing transfers. Players come and go, the club goes on.

Unless you’re Bernardo or Walker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.