Cole Palmer

I thought they had selling Sancho, seems I was wrong.

What's better than a Loan for a promising academy graduate that probably wont make it into your team at youth level but has the potential?

Sell him to a rival where he will develop first team experience, let them take the risk, swoop him back when he's first team level.

Spot On .

IMO, yes.

He has an eye for goal and a pass, is deceptively quick, works hard, was scoring in big games, and most importantly was an academy product. I know everyone says Pep and co don't make guarantees but there should be exceptions. Selling him on the final day of the window was especially bizarre. We've only got Phil on the RW who loves to drift inside thus leaving Walker to hold the width, which is hard enough to watch. He would have had plenty of opportunities.

Have to disagree with that. Doku offers us something that none of our other wingers offer. His pace over the first five metres and his ability to beat players is invaluable and has given us another way of breaking down low blocks.
4 assists and 1 goal against the mighty Bournemouth and some City fans have placed him on an altar and raised his statue. F* me, even if I was playing there was no way Bournemouth would have beaten City. They are literal City punching bags like Watford.

I wouldn’t say he’s dropped a clanger. He’s playing regularly every week and I’d argue he’s Chelsea best player. Even if he’d have stayed this season I think he would have been a rotation player.

his form before he left was really good, scoring in a few games. Prior to that it’s difficult to judge a youngster who didn’t really play that much.

It’s his choice, but he looks like a top player right now and I doubt he’s regretting it yet
Weĺl said that.
Cole Palmer is a fantastic young football player...who wanted to kick start his career.and get regular game time.

Not really, he wanted to go. We can’t offer him what he wants.

At Chelsea, he seemed a more ‘relaxed’ player, maybe due to better assurances on his squad status, and I felt that allowed him to show his quality more. With us, it sometimes feel like he was a little too eager to impress, and overdid his natural game.

In the end, it’s best for both parties. We didn’t really hurt from losing him and he’s probably a happier player now.

It's all about the pathway to the first team starting spot now. North of the border a colleagues 12 year old at a league one club is being advised by an external party to secure guarantees on this before they commit to another 5 years so its all levels. Cole must have thought this was it when Mharez vacated a RW spot and Gundogan a CM berth that Foden or Grealish could cover and then last week of August in comes Doku blocking off the path for him. Injury to KDB is the only downside I can see just now to his leaving as he would have freed up other options in the middle. Decent money for him, did not stand in his way and ultimately if Pep has doubts you're not staying, would not have moved for Doku if Cole was the preferred option and he's not got many of these decisions (Cancelo) wrong so far.
At 12 years old surely they can't 'commit' to 5 years anywhere?

The team was stronger last year, Gündogan is a big loss.
You're in the wrong thread anyway, but why don't you just make your own thread? You could call it "I only comment on German players or in Off Topic".

What team do you support out of interest?

4 assists and 1 goal against the mighty Bournemouth and some City fans have placed him on an altar and raised his statue. F* me, even if I was playing there was no way Bournemouth would have beaten City. They are literal City punching bags like Watford.
I think it's only natural when you see performances like Doku v Bournemouth for fans to get excited, That's the whole point of football seeing a young lad like Doku put on a show.

Do you want everyone just sat in the stadium not celebrating, Do you want the fans after the game the game to say nothing? Just say "Ah well it's only Bournemouth"...

I think you are watching the wrong sport fella. He's an exciting player, He gives the players and fans a lift when he's on the ball or even coming on as a substitute because you think something is going to happen, So far he's been fabulous (not just against Bournemouth).

4 assists and a goal in one game is very hard to come by, If it was so easy to do everyone would do it against Bournemouth...But they haven't.

Maybe cheer up mate and join in on the excitement and how lucky you are watching this football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.