Cole Palmer

You do realise he came back from a bad injury last season which set him back for us ?

I d8dnt see the whole game last night but it's a bit ingenious to say " he didn't look any good "

Missing chances can happen to anybody..ask Haaland.

The bits of the game I saw,with Chelsea desperately trying to get back into the match late on,Palmer looked classy intelligent and up for the fight.
In a semi final game of two legs,a 1 nil defeat away in the 1st leg is no crushimg blow.

Older City fans(75/76 season) will recall us losing 1nil at the old ayrsome Park..before smashing Boro 4nil at Maine rd in the 2nd leg,the prelude to us winning our 1st trophy for 6 years...with a far ,more talented,cohesive team than Chelsea put out last night ,imo.

Palmer is 45 mins away from the chance of gaining his 2nd winners medal of the season.....is currently,arguably, Chelsea best player,is being talked about as a possible England starter...what s not to like about his career progress,.. if looked at through neutral,not blue ( bitter?) eyes.
I did indeed realise about his injury, as you ask initially.
With respect, they were playing Middlesbrough last night so I wouldn't read anything into any Premier League player looking good against them.
He's being talked about as a possible England starter (No chance if there's a full squad to choose from) as a dig against us, imho, as a way of getting at us for letting him go.
At no stage did I denigrate him, nor wish him ill - the opposite, in fact.
I rest my case.

403 pages. Unbelievable.
Im still confused why people are going on about him. I was sad at first, but quickly let it go.

Good player, good deal for both parties.

We have Oscar Bobb coming through who wouldnt be getting these minutes if Palmer was here, and Bobb looks like the natural Bernie replacement for the future.

Young talents come and go all the time.

Palmer is one of those, and we got Bobb fitting in nicely. We even signed some crazy talented 17 year old from Argentina apparentlly also.

Brahim Diaz is doing very well at Real Madrid right now for example and there arent many complaining about that.

Jamal Musiala was a chelsea academy talent they lost to Bayern the second he could play adult football, so they have lost many top talents themselves, its part of having a massive academy.

Can be said of hundreds of young players who have not pinned down a regular 1st team place at their club..and not confident enough to make demands or rock the boat...

But ..we are talking about football here.as opposed to nice people.

. We don't really know if Bobb is grounded and humble do we?

Some might say Palmer looked quiet and withdrawn during some of his City displays, following a bad injury,and bring played out on the left wing...

Compare that with Bobbs obvious confidence,almost arrogance when he plays his brand of composed,,head up , skilful football .( great player)

When you know your a good player,and what you are capable of....you just want to play.

And it's a fine line between staying under the wing of poss the world's greatest coach..or just playing football,regularly,the game you love..

For some posters to call Bobb humble,and Palmer a spoilt kid ..is an over simplification of the ever occurring dilemma for gifted young players emerging from the academy

" Should I stay or should I go" The Clash.
I was really only going on the interviews I've seen with Bobb,he seemed to really appreciate the opportunity he's been given

Im still confused why people are going on about him. I was sad at first, but quickly let it go.

Good player, good deal for both parties.

We have Oscar Bobb coming through who wouldnt be getting these minutes if Palmer was here, and Bobb looks like the natural Bernie replacement for the future.

Young talents come and go all the time.

Palmer is one of those, and we got Bobb fitting in nicely. We even signed some crazy talented 17 year old from Argentina apparentlly also.

Brahim Diaz is doing very well at Real Madrid right now for example and there arent many complaining about that.

Jamal Musiala was a chelsea academy talent they lost to Bayern the second he could play adult football, so they have lost many top talents themselves, its part of having a massive academy.
And, as Pep pointed out, if Cole had stayed, Jérémy might not have arrived at Etihad.

Like I said, footballing wise crap but bank balance wise he’s on a lot more than Foden. Suppose it depends what makes him happy :)
Typical pathetic , bitter point of view
Put yourself in his shoes.
Bit part player at the Champions,or ...a new dimension, new experience,away from friends and family,regular premiership football for a gifted lad...who just wants to play.Not a City fan talent to burn, manager says he wants me to stay.....But I'm not sure how long the manager himself will stay......A top manager from London says ill give you a game of fotball every week....What would you do ?
Be honest ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.