Cole Palmer

He's joint top scorer with Haaland now and there would probably be a couple of people internally at the club who are looking at it as a mistake now, but shit happens.

What annoys me is people saying "he's doing it for a mid table team", which makes no sense. Generally it becomes harder to score more goals in a struggling side due to less chances being created.

He's joint top scorer with Haaland now and there would probably be a couple of people internally at the club who are looking at it as a mistake now, but shit happens.

What annoys me is people saying "he's doing it for a mid table team", which makes no sense. Generally it becomes harder to score more goals in a struggling side due to less chances being created.
But on the flip side, opponents generally are less likely to deploy a flat back 10 against mid table opposition.

Said all along you can see his creativity.. couple more years he 'could' be a player who is virtually unbuyable with FFP. He could be a rare £100m player. Soon only 3 or 4 clubs in the world will gen enough revenue to cover that. Big mistake which seemed obvious to a lot of us on here

Last edited:
Anyone with an eye for talent knew Palmer was a top prospect. Whether his heart wasn’t properly in it at City due to his United ties or not, I firmly believe he never got the chance to properly prove himself. Pep played him on the left, which is far from his best position, but that’s what Peps like to do the academy lads, play them in different positions.

Would have been perfect to have him on the right now with Foden down the middle.
I dont think professionals give a shit about who they "liked" at the age of 7.. he .has been with us since primary school days as well. We would look a much better team in a year or two with Palmer. The dats of trad CF's are dwindling.. Jota is far better than Nunes for eg. Ganacho better bet than Hojland etc. Big loss in long run. Needed better back room management £60m of value lost i feel and in them age of strict FFP its significant

Bobb has impressed, but to claim he looks just as good FFS. Palmer is top scorer in league FFS, 25 games all comps and has best combined goals and assists
And has been doing this at int youth level for years. Big stones as well grabbing the ball for pens. Confident winners mentality im dissapointed wanted a team of GM lads really. Celtic lisbon lions thing but ah well that sort of thing seems to have no value anymore

At the end of the day, palmer wanted 1st team assurances about playing time - as we are all aware.

We dont do that, so he wanted to move on. We got a fee we were happy with and palmer got his move to a team he knew he would walk in to.

It worked out for both parties, and i am glad he is doing well (not when we play him of course though)

As some have alluded to, he is playing in a team that does not have the opposition set up to low block and counter every game - other teams believe they can get at chelsea and score. So there games are open - a total contrast to what we face week in week out

Palmer being a really good player is reaping the rewards of this (and rightly so)

I just see it now that our academy is the best at producing a level of player that can produce

But on the flip side, opponents generally are less likely to deploy a flat back 10 against mid table opposition.

I've seen a lot of people saying things like "imagine if he had a decent group of players around him."

... He literally played for the best team on the planet and never got anywhere near these numbers. He still wouldn't be getting near them now.

Being a big fish in a small pond is flattering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.