Cole Palmer

I've seen a lot of people saying things like "imagine if he had a decent group of players around him."

... He literally played for the best team on the planet and never got anywhere near these numbers. He still wouldn't be getting near them now.

Being a big fish in a small pond is flattering.

Wasn't getting the game time to get these numbers at city. Was being brought off the bench here and there.

With hindsight maybe, that doesn't make it a mistake from the club really. It's just one of those things and with the quality of our youth setup it's going to happen again and again. Of course it gives the usual suspects something to whinge about.

If you let a player go for 50 million, who then goes on to be top scorer in the league the following season it is a mistake. There's no point sugar coating it.

I'm not suggesting anyone could have predicted he would be so dominant, but if the club had their time again it would be Palmer stay Doku not buy.

People on here get way to defensive when anyone questions the club on anything. Most of our recruitment has been excellent but we've had some stinkers as well.

If you let a player go for 50 million, who then goes on to be top scorer in the league the following season it is a mistake. There's no point sugar coating it.

I'm not suggesting anyone could have predicted he would be so dominant, but if the club had their time again it would be Palmer stay Doku not buy.

People on here get way to defensive when anyone questions the club on anything. Most of our recruitment has been excellent but we've had some stinkers as well.
We actually only accepted 40 million plus 2.5 in add ons, which I’ve never seen itemised.

With hindsight maybe, that doesn't make it a mistake from the club really. It's just one of those things and with the quality of our youth setup it's going to happen again and again. Of course it gives the usual suspects something to whinge about.

Protective of the club yes I get that. It’s what I do if I think anybody is attacking the club.

“it gives the usual suspects something to whinge about”

Does that make you a happy clapper. Or would it be over the top calling you that.

So if Palmer ends up top scorer in the prem & City do another treble, you think City have made a mistake?

Personally, I’d rather see my team win the league than have the top scorer in the league play for my team

Let’s not go crazy here. Hasn’t he scored 9 penalties?

I’m not knocking his accomplishments, but it feels like everyone has lost their fucking minds on him.

If he was still here, he STILL wouldn’t be getting a game and he certainly wouldn’t be taking penalties!

Good luck to him and I hope he does well every time he steps on ANY OTHER PITCH than the one we are playing on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.