Cole Palmer

Agree. But you never know with football transfers so all options are open.

For me he is very one footed and lacks that top level pace or acceleration that wingers need to excel. He's technically very good but not Foden level good. And he needs to play now. Moving to a west ham or Everton would get him much more game time and that's what he needs.

The only thing that shocks me,is that not going on loan,a sale is a bit of a head scratcher for me if that's what happens in the end.

Id personally send him on loan

He needs regular first team football and I dont think that he has that in him yet...His performance show flashes of his talent but he is inconsistent in games (as you would expect for someone of his age)....I dont think we can carry that at our level at the moment. If he wants to stay with the squad then he has to be content with bit parts that may grow in time

He's been dripped into the side over the last couple of seasons, he's done enough for me to be a proper rotation player rather than a make weight on the bench.

Hopefully he'll/we'll grasp the situation and he'll have a great season with us, if it all goes tits up there's always January or next summer.

Other than Rodri and KDB, (out injured for months), he's one of the few City players with a decent shot from outside the penalty area, very often opposition players pack the box against us.

Did I understand Pep to say that when he came back (from holiday, presumably) he said that he wanted to leave? I sometimes still have difficulty in understanding Pep, frankly.
If Cole said he wanted to leave, then there'll be no loan. Probably highly understandable. I don't think he's going to tie down a role in the starting eleven, good as he is. He'd be a good acquisition for virtually every other team in the PL.

Other than Rodri and KDB, (out injured for months), he's one of the few City players with a decent shot from outside the penalty area, very often opposition players pack the box against us.
i was alarmed when we got a free kick outside the box last night.

no gundo,kdb or mahrez to take it.

He's been dripped into the side over the last couple of seasons, he's done enough for me to be a proper rotation player rather than a make weight on the bench.

Hopefully he'll/we'll grasp the situation and he'll have a great season with us, if it all goes tits up there's always January or next summer.
We also need numbers in December for the additional games in December for the world club cup games.

There's no reason we couldn't keep him until Christmas, for the part of the season where there's league cup games, lots of 2 and 3 match weeks and need for KDB cover and then loan him out in January somewhere he plays every match if it looks like his game time is going to dry up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.