Cole Palmer

I suspect Pep is really telling Cole that he cannot have a loan: 'You can stay, or you can leave, but you can't go and then come back. I have played you as a starter in 2 of the 3 games, so far...over to you.'

I hope that is the case and, if Cole was erring on the side of leaving, that his appearances have changed his mind.

Not the finished article, but a talented player who I would keep. He deserves a chance to prove himself this season and I don't think he would let us down, however, I'm not sure after listening to Pep's comments whether he will still be at City after the 1st September.

Listening to what both have said it looks like he will be gone

Hope he stays and his love for the club plays a part. Pep's comments are slightly worrying but I'll have to listen to the actual press conference rather than hang anything on loosely snipped media quotes.
The press conference is on the previous page. Must admit listening to it gives me the impression he is likely to go.

He isn't the finished article for sure but what he has got is the ability to beat someone 1 on 1 which is not common in this team. Its not luck that he has broken the deadlock the last two time he has played either. Both very good technical goals. On balance I hope he stays as we are lacking 'flair' players but I'm unsure that is what Pep actually wants.
He also needs to get under the sun lamp - he has the look of a 1890's street urchin that has just had his face scrubbed with lye by his ma. His interview technique is just short of Kevin the teenager bless him.

I see a talented young player but one that isn't made for our style. Loses possession, doesn't really skin a man. Tremendous shot when he has time to shape. Hopefully Bobb will get Caraboa minutes if Cole does leave but we need an experienced winger to replace Riyad

Listening to what both have said it looks like he will be gone
Agree. But you never know with football transfers so all options are open.

For me he is very one footed and lacks that top level pace or acceleration that wingers need to excel. He's technically very good but not Foden level good. And he needs to play now. Moving to a west ham or Everton would get him much more game time and that's what he needs.

I suspect Pep is really telling Cole that he cannot have a loan: 'You can stay, or you can leave, but you can't go and then come back. I have played you as a starter in 2 of the 3 games, so far...over to you.'

I hope that is the case and, if Cole was erring on the side of leaving, that his appearances have changed his mind.
That was my reading too.

"Stick around, be patient, and have more nights like tonight or go away and take your chances elsewhere".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.