Cole Palmer

In yesterday’s game specifically or in general? Because there’s no chance the answer would be the same
Yesterday, specifically, but take away the pens and he’s been a decent young player in a mid-table team full of internationals.

Let the hype die down and see what you have in 12 months.

I've never seen anything like it. Folk trying to convince themselves he had an absolute fuckin shocker of a game. When he played well. Seems to be the thought he's left the club and become an absolute bargain for Chelsea they can't except. Fuckin really weird.

It's is weird. A lad who came all way through our academy who has got his big move, and is now doing very well for himself. What's the problem? Players come, players go. He's never said a bad word about us since he left, as far as I am aware. So good luck to the kid. I hope does exceptionally well for himself except when we plays against us.

I, for one, have only been trying to combat the “City dropped a bollock” or “Txiki needs to answer for this” nonsense being spouted in this thread and elsewhere.

He is having a very good season for an attacker. As an overall player (member of a team), he is having an average season. He is talented. He is also overhyped, as so many English players have been.

He made the right move at the right time because he was never going to get the opportunities and freedom in our team that he is getting at Chelsea due to the current deficiencies in his overall game (which were on show yesterday).

I hope he improves those aspects and becomes a complete player so he can play in a team fighting for honours, rather than mid-table relevance. He has the tools, I am just not convinced he’ll progress at Chelsea, as the setup (and his role in it) doesn’t require him to work on his deficiencies, whereas Pep would have demanded it, as he did with Phil, Rico, and now Oscar.

It’s not about him leaving, it’s about the ridiculous, vitriolic, and persistent nonsense being spouted by a number of blues that have lost all perspective.

I, for one, have only been trying to combat the “City dropped a bollock” or “Txiki needs to answer for this” nonsense being spouted in this thread and elsewhere.

He is having a very good season for an attacker. As an overall player (member of a team), he is having an average season. He is talented. He is also overhyped, as so many English players have been.

He made the right move at the right time because he was never going to get the opportunities and freedom in our team that he is getting at Chelsea due to the current deficiencies in his overall game (which were on show yesterday).

I hope he improves those aspects and becomes a complete player so he can play in a team fighting for honours, rather than mid-table relevance. He has the tools, I am just not convinced he’ll progress at Chelsea, as the setup (and his role in it) doesn’t require him to work on his deficiencies, whereas Pep would have demanded it, as he did with Phil, Rico, and now Oscar.

It’s not about him leaving, it’s about the ridiculous, vitriolic, and persistent nonsense being spouted by a number of blues that have lost all perspective.
Think it's a big shame if any true City fan has a strong dislike for an Academy player to leave if he wants regular first team football.
The Club will offload anyone they do not think is up to the required high standards or if they think their attitude is not to the correct level.
With Cole Palmer, the media (think it's only in the UK ?) have tried to create a major rift between the lad and City. The TV cameras were focussed on him, before the kick off, more than any other player ?
He has been excellent and a regular for Chelsea, in a team that still hasn't probably worked out its best starting eleven ?
He seems to be the "wildcard" player for Chelsea who can play almost where he wants and weave his potential magic ?
Pep doesn't want that type of luxury player.
Even KDB, Phil or Jack for example, must do the hard graft - they certainly do, as well .
Cole Palmer was never going to flourish at City, under Pep.
Good luck to a local lad though...

Think it's a big shame if any true City fan has a strong dislike for an Academy player to leave if he wants regular first team football.
The Club will offload anyone they do not think is up to the required high standards or if they think their attitude is not to the correct level.
With Cole Palmer, the media (think it's only in the UK ?) have tried to create a major rift between the lad and City. The TV cameras were focussed on him, before the kick off, more than any other player ?
He has been excellent and a regular for Chelsea, in a team that still hasn't probably worked out its best starting eleven ?
He seems to be the "wildcard" player for Chelsea who can play almost where he wants and weave his potential magic ?
Pep doesn't want that type of luxury player.
Even KDB, Phil or Jack for example, must do the hard graft - they certainly do, as well .
Cole Palmer was never going to flourish at City, under Pep.
Good luck to a local lad though...
I agree, it is a shame that people harbour ill-will for Palmer or the club for allowing him leave, as he wanted to do.

The spouting of nonsense either way is the problem.

It's is weird. A lad who came all way through our academy who has got his big move, and is now doing very well for himself. What's the problem? Players come, players go. He's never said a bad word about us since he left, as far as I am aware. So good luck to the kid. I hope does exceptionally well for himself except when we plays against us.
100% spot on

Some weird, strange and vindictive people in our fan base.

He's had an incredible season, he should be proud of what he has done.

Didn't make a real mark in our team that is the real issue. The way the press is making him out to be something he isn't is helping matters either.

100% spot on

Some weird, strange and vindictive people in our fan base.

He's had an incredible season, he should be proud of what he has done.
Being overhyped is the whole problem. Where were these types of performances in City's first team?. Sancho did a similar thing at Dortmund alongside Erling Haaland.

Didn't make a real mark in our team that is the real issue.
No he didn’t except for a few cameo rolls. However, that still doesn’t explain the bitterness that’s bordering on hate for the lad on here. As we know the Bluemoon Forum is absolutely nowhere near being representative of the average City fan, and the pile on against Palmer once again, highlights and confirms it. I just can’t see what the lad has done to deserve it. He moved clubs to further his career. It’s been successful for him. A strange place at times is this forum.

Being overhyped is the whole problem. Where were these types of performances in City's first team?. Sancho did a similar thing at Dortmund alongside Erling Haaland.
We have players that are completely overhyped as do all the major clubs.

A 21 yr old has become the joint leading goalscorer in the best league in the world, and playing for an utter car crash of a club, great effort and sadly he has been a great signing.

Reactions: PPT
No he didn’t except for a few cameo rolls. However, that still doesn’t explain the bitterness that’s bordering on hate for the lad on here. As we know the Bluemoon Forum is absolutely nowhere near being representative of the average City fan, and the pile on against Palmer once again, highlights and confirms it. I just can’t see what the lad has done to deserve it. He moved clubs to further his career. It’s been successful for him. A strange place at times is this forum.
There were better players in front of him. He had the Cup games included last season's Cup Semi Final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.