Cole Palmer

We have players that are completely overhyped as do all the major clubs.

A 21 yr old has become the joint leading goalscorer in the best league in the world, and playing for an utter car crash of a club, great effort and sadly he has been a great signing.
Making him Chelsea's main penalty taker has help that.

I got it wrong in my judgement of him. I always thought he rarely impressed when he came on as a sub and never looked like he was developing as a player.
Hence that is why I will never be a manager. He has taken the opportunity at Chelsea that he would never have got with us and is nailed on for PFA Young Player of the year.
Good luck to the lad. Will always be thankful to him for that header against Sevilla in Athens.

Being overhyped is the whole problem. Where were these types of performances in City's first team?. Sancho did a similar thing at Dortmund alongside Erling Haaland.
He has been over hyped. Buts that’s not his fault, it’s the media’s fault. Also the kid is within touching distance of winning the Golden Boot this season. He is also a serial match winner for Chelsea and has become their talisman, so some of the hype is warranted surely?

I got it wrong in my judgement of him. I always thought he rarely impressed when he came on as a sub and never looked like he was developing as a player.
Hence that is why I will never be a manager. He has taken the opportunity at Chelsea that he would never have got with us and is nailed on for PFA Young Player of the year.
Good luck to the lad. Will always be thankful to him for that header against Sevilla in Athens.
Sancho had a couple of good seasons at Dortmund before he got his "Dream" move. I thought we got it wrong in letting him go before not giving him a go in the first team and look what has happened to him now. Dele Alli has had a few prolific seasons as well.

He has been over hyped. Buts that’s not his fault, it’s the media’s fault. Also the kid is within touching distance of winning the Golden Boot this season. He is also a serial match winner for Chelsea and has become their talisman, so some of the hype is warranted surely?
How many goals from open play? Did score a few in the cup games at City but didn't score in the Premier League.

Letting Cole go wasn't a mistake it was absolutely the correct decision for him and us, we tried to convince him to stay, but fair play to him he knew that he didn't fit into City's (Pep) system. I'm pretty positive that he would be as surprised as anyone as to how well it has gone for him at Chelsea and I love watching him except when he plays against us. I hope he doesn't get carried away by the hype, I somewhat don't think he will, as he has a long way to go. Good luck to him he is a product of the best Academy in England and despite his rag background he has an affinity with City and we should be proud of him

There were better players in front of him. He had the Cup games included last season's Cup Semi Final
And he backed his talent and wanted out, admire his confidence in his ability.

If Palmer came on the market this season, what do YOU think he is worth?

Reactions: PPT
Making him Chelsea's main penalty taker has help that.
Salah takes penalties. So does Haaland. A lot of the top scorers do. He’s also very good at it. That’s why Chelsea made him their main penalty taker. It’s also something we have been crap at for years.

Wow , let it go, you sound bitter
Not really I am not the one who is making him something he isn't. He isn't the first Premier League player to have a stand out season and he won't be the last either. Phil Foden has had similar seasons and not much fuss was made of that apart from our own fan base. The response from the wider base was for Phil to be loaned out.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.