Cole Palmer

I think Palmer signed after the change in amortisation rules, so his 40m fee was amortised over 5 years at 8m per year. Now he has signed an extended contract the remaining 32m can be amortised over the next 5 years so 6.4m a year.
I remember reading that the amortisation rules were being changed to stop Chelsea and others going “against the spirit of the game”. Why then, have they been able to sign players in the past week on 7 year contracts (if the media reports can be believed).

I remember reading that the amortisation rules were being changed to stop Chelsea and others going “against the spirit of the game”. Why then, have they been able to sign players in the past week on 7 year contracts (if the media reports can be believed).
The contract can be any length, but the amortisation is restricted to a maximum of 5 years

There is no restrictions on length of contract, just the amortisation portion of it. In theory if you remove the biggest incentive for doing something, it would deter most people from doing it

There are no rules against length of contracts.

You were probably one of the bitter blues said Palmers not that good
anyway,and close thread 12 months ago.....now your going over his increased contractual wages in great detail.
Give it a rest .yawn.
Yeah but you think he’s one of the best players in the world so that bizarre view evens it out.

These seem to be going the way if the USA contract for baseball, football long contracts for lots of cash, watching the other night some guy has just been given a $325 million dollar deal over 10 years!
This current brand of sport entertainment is not sustainable. It would all come crashing down very soon and then people would finally understand how smart the CFG are for investing heavily in the academy system and the sister clubs we own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.