Cole Palmer

Yes if the terms are different which they are in terms of pay and length , the old contract is cancelled and replaced with the new one

Thanks, what about the initial £40m transfer fee? I'm guessing that can be amortised over the initial 7 year contract? It gets very confusing when we start getting into the nitty gritty of the finances and contracts.

Thanks, what about the initial £40m transfer fee? I'm guessing that can be amortised over the initial 7 year contract? It gets very confusing when we start getting into the nitty gritty of the finances and contracts.
i think the pl put in a maximum amortisation time of 5 years for the fee but dont quote me on that, it would make sense for them to put in a maximum time fees could be amortised over otherwise clubs could be a ticking time bomb.

also as a chelsea fan what is your take on these long contracts, i can see why they are doing it but there is a part of me that feels that it removes incentive for players to improve and excel

also as a chelsea fan what is your take on these long contracts, i can see why they are doing it but there is a part of me that feels that it removes incentive for players to improve and excel

I think in American sports, especially in baseball and hockey, but sometimes in basketball too, players often sign very long contracts and often continue to improve or keep high performance levels steady.

I suppose players are different, and some would lose motivation to try because they need that carrot of the next big contact dangling in front of them, but others might not be, they might appreciate the security of a long term contract and the commitment shown to them by the club.

As a fan, it's concerning in some ways because we can already see the issues with this strategy when we can see 1-2 years into an 8 year contract that a player isn't up to it (Mudryk), and then you're stuck with the player, and basically have to hope the player will be OK with reduced wages at a different club and accept a transfer.

I think in American sports, especially in baseball and hockey, but sometimes in basketball too, players often sign very long contracts and often continue to improve or keep high performance levels steady.

I suppose players are different, and some would lose motivation to try because they need that carrot of the next big contact dangling in front of them, but others might not be, they might appreciate the security of a long term contract and the commitment shown to them by the club.

As a fan, it's concerning in some ways because we can already see the issues with this strategy when we can see 1-2 years into an 8 year contract that a player isn't up to it (Mudryk), and then you're stuck with the player, and basically have to hope the player will be OK with reduced wages at a different club and accept a transfer.
If Palmer is as successful this season as last, then he’ll be wanting another pay rise. I don’t really understand how a 9 year deal helps the club. Palmer’s probably guaranteed £70m already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.