Cole Palmer

Thought he was rather poor overall today.

It will be interesting to see how heI contends with being the main focus of the opposition and how he handles the weight of expectation in his second season. Many a promising young talent with a breakout season behind them have struggled with that over the years—it will be a test of his actual quality if he can overcome it and still regularly put in good performances.
I thought he was muscled off the ball fairly easily a couple of times today. Men vs boy.
Good player but still got some maturing to do.

We paid him the biggest compliment possible today, we actively closed down that side of the pitch to stop the supply to him because we know what a dangerous player he can be.

He's going to have to deal with that more than season, it's on Chelsea to find a way to get the ball to him more often and also to find other sources of threat to take away some of the added attention he'll get.

I didn't watch today's game, but speaking generally, I rate him a lot, really like his close control, dribbling, football IQ and passing and through balls.

Very creative. Like stated above, he's wasted at Chelsea, but guess he made his bed and now has to lie in it. Better for him if he gets a move away from there some time soon though as there's no thought or plan there.

He's going to be wasted at Chelsea, I thought he done OK today, Some moments of brilliance and some excellent passes, He's a dangerous ****.

This system might not suit him though compared to his free role under Pochettino but only time will tell.
For the hype that surrounds him now, I thought he was fairly quiet today. Not shite not outstanding; just quiet.

He moves well with the ball at his feet but if you are being told to find attacking options like Jackson you are always going to struggle.

For the hype that surrounds him now, I thought he was fairly quiet today. Not shite not outstanding; just quiet.
Agreed.

He was quiet today (but his standards), He did show glimpses of what he can do when he got time on the ball, Personally I think he's a couple of levels above his team mates, He has a picture in his head that the rest can't see.

It was a more structured position for him today, Looked like he wasn't able to roam about like last season. I suppose we deserve alot of credit too we done a really good job of not letting him get into the game.

Have we got a buy back clause?

We'd be proper on it if we had him up front now he's shown everyone he's got the minerals.
I still maintain he is not a Pep player—just take note of his defensive work rate compared to Savinho (or even Doku) the next time you watch Chelsea.

Very good attacker but not a particularly gifted all-around player, with natural tendencies that would infuriate Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.