Cole Palmer

I think Cole is correct here...

He is 21..
Played and knows Pep's system since 2021/2022 season i.e. he had 2 full seasons to sit on the bench, train with the professional players, learn Pep's system & demands, etc.

So right now it should be about playing regular football, cause in every profession, doesn't matter you are plumber or software engineer - practice and gaining experience on a daily basis, is the most important thing, to improve and develop yourself.

The question is -> Does Cole Palmer deserve those minutes and is he better option in overall, than Doku.

But what he have seen so far: scores amazing goal against Arsenal, scores amazing header against Sevilla. Couple of good moments as well.

I don't know, could Doku do that ? I'm not sure, cause we aren't buying superstar, with a solid experience playing for the top team, in the top league. Doku is prospect and talent as well.

When I've watched Cole Palmer he can be very good and suddenly very bad. He probably needs regular game time to become more consistent and to build his confidence. If Pep is unlikely to do this this season he should go out on loan to another Premier league side. If City don't believe he will ever get to the level we need him to be at we should sell him. In Pep we trust.

overall he is right asking for regular football. Mahrez left, that opens up game time but if we fill that hole with Doku there isnt much more game time for Palmer than last season.

I still dont see why the club would favour a permanent sale over a loan.

overall he is right asking for regular football. Mahrez left, that opens up game time but if we fill that hole with Doku there isnt much more game time for Palmer than last season.

I still dont see why the club would favour a permanent sale over a loan.

Funny that other teams can have a massive said where we have 16/18 and when there is in your way you want out why do every other team don't have it

I think Cole is correct here...

He is 21..
Played and knows Pep's system since 2021/2022 season i.e. he had 2 full seasons to sit on the bench, train with the professional players, learn Pep's system & demands, etc.

So right now it should be about playing regular football, cause in every profession, doesn't matter you are plumber or software engineer - practice and gaining experience on a daily basis, is the most important thing, to improve and develop yourself.

The question is -> Does Cole Palmer deserve those minutes and is he better option in overall, than Doku.

But what he have seen so far: scores amazing goal against Arsenal, scores amazing header against Sevilla. Couple of good moments as well.

I don't know, could Doku do that ? I'm not sure, cause we aren't buying superstar, with a solid experience playing for the top team, in the top league. Doku is prospect and talent as well.
This is my issue with Doku. He is no doubt a prospect. May well become the next big thing. But he might not. He’s young, its a new league/country for him and sometimes it takes time for players who come here to settle.

Weve lost a significant amount of experience with Gundogan and Mahrez going. Do we need yet another prospect? Not sure we do personally when we already have players like Cole at the club

Joe Hart was tested by Pep, he demanded more playing time and Pep said if he stayed he’d make him a worldy. He decided to move on and the rest is history.
As someone mentioned a few pages back, I think Pep knows the lad has what it takes but he wants fighters, players whose desire to succeed but not anywhere, at City, is the driving force.
Zinchenko was in the same situation and stayed and fought his way in, Philips as much as he’s the new go to boo boy, has said he believes he can do it at City and wants to stay. That attitude matters…
I suspect if Palmer said he wanted to fight and stay then they’d sign him to a new deal and loan him out. If he hints he’s wanting to move or not willing to fight then he’ll be sold on with the usual sell on and buy-back clauses inserted.

Nicky Weaver was tested by Pep, he demanded more playing time and Pep said if he stayed he’d make him a worldy. He decided to move on and the rest is history.
As someone mentioned a few pages back, I think Pep knows the lad has what it takes but he wants fighters, players whose desire to succeed but not anywhere, at City, is the driving force.
Zinchenko was in the same situation and stayed and fought his way in, Philips as much as he’s the new go to boo boy, has said he believes he can do it at City and wants to stay. That attitude matters…
I suspect if Palmer said he wanted to fight and stay then they’d sign him to a new deal and loan him out. If he hints he’s wanting to move or not willing to fight then he’ll be sold on with the usual sell on and buy-back clauses inserted.

Joe hart you mean

This is my issue with Doku. He is no doubt a prospect. May well become the next big thing. But he might not. He’s young, its a new league/country for him and sometimes it takes time for players who come here to settle.

Weve lost a significant amount of experience with Gundogan and Mahrez going. Do we need yet another prospect? Not sure we do personally when we already have players like Cole at the club

Surely he gives competition to Grelaish on the left though instead of taking Cole's minutes on the right? We have NO ONE who can play LW if Grealish is injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.