Cole Palmer

I don’t agree with that. If we’d have kept him he would be starting on the right wing, as he did when he played for us.

It was the signing of Doku that made giving him minutes difficult. You could argue hes a better winger

I wasn't talking about what was likely, I was talking about how to get the best out of the player. Palmer plays best in the middle.

Given how frequently Bruyne has picked up injuries, and looks likely to leave next summer, the longer term option might have been better to go with Palmer.

Although we may not have won the league last season, if we did make such a change.

Palmers numbers would warrant moving Foden out to LW or RW.

But all with the benefit of hindsight.

I don’t agree with that. If we’d have kept him he would be starting on the right wing, as he did when he played for us.

It was the signing of Doku that made giving him minutes difficult. You could argue hes a better winger
Palmer isn’t a winger. When he left, he wanted to leave, as his opportunities were limited with the quality we had ahead of him. Pep's not a medium; he wasn’t to know that Kevin would be injured almost immediately.

And Doku was only signed, after Cole joined Chelsea.

Palmer isn’t a winger. When he left, he wanted to leave, as his opportunities were limited with the quality we had ahead of him. Pep's not a medium; he wasn’t to know that Kevin would be injured almost immediately.

And Doku was only signed, after Cole joined Chelsea.
He can absolutely play as a winger. When he was at city that’s where he was starting most games when he did.

I’m might be wrong, but I bet Cole was aware we would be signing another winger, therefore limiting his chances.

I wasn't talking about what was likely, I was talking about how to get the best out of the player. Palmer plays best in the middle.

Given how frequently Bruyne has picked up injuries, and looks likely to leave next summer, the longer term option might have been better to go with Palmer.

Although we may not have won the league last season, if we did make such a change.

Palmers numbers would warrant moving Foden out to LW or RW.

But all with the benefit of hindsight.
Of course it’s all in hindsight now.

now he’s at Chelsea we can see he’s great in the middle, but in our academy and first team he often played on the wings. If he would have stayed chances are he’d have made that position his own and become a brilliant winger.

He wasn’t getting ahead of Kev or Phil, but I don’t think he would have played there anyway. Most of our players don’t just play one position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.