Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

Amazing to think his name is still sung more than 40 years after he last played for us. Hopefully will still be sung in another 40 years
Just reinforces the word legend for me, when your time is drawing to a close, I don’t imagine there is any greater feeling of knowing the lives you have touched and will never be forgotten...

just had half hour on the phone with my old man who has gushed about what he meant to him as a young lad and that makes me happy, we can celebrate death as well as feel the sadness!

An absolutely fantastic tribute about Colin by Martin Tyler on Sky Sports. Said in today’s market Colin would have been the most expensive player in the world. He seemed genuinely upset and it was really moving listening to that.

I’m in my 53rd year of watching City and part of the reason that I love City so much was Colin. I have to admit that I shed a few tears earlier when I found out. The last time that man made me cry was when he came back on Boxing Day 77. Brilliant player, lovely man, who I had the pleasure of meeting a few times. I sat next to him once at a game and couldn’t concentrate. He was my hero and had no idea...... RIP Colin

My brother just rang me with the news - his a Chelsea supporter, took me as a 14 year old to Wembley in 74 to see Colin score against Wolves in the League Cup Final, even my brother is telling me what a total legend the guy was - RIP Colin.

An absolutely fantastic tribute about Colin by Martin Tyler on Sky Sports. Said in today’s market Colin would have been the most expensive player in the world. He seemed genuinely upset and it was really moving listening to that.

I’m in my 53rd year of watching City and part of the reason that I love City so much was Colin. I have to admit that I shed a few tears earlier when I found out. The last time that man made me cry was when he came back on Boxing Day 77. Brilliant player, lovely man, who I had the pleasure of meeting a few times. I sat next to him once at a game and couldn’t concentrate. He was my hero and had no idea...... RIP Colin
I am the same. He is The King.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.