Colin Hendry

He was a good servant to City. Top quality hard as nails old fashioned centre half. Him and Curley played together would’ve been the best pairing in the league.

Your mind plays tricks but I think it was big Col who scored the own goal that a giant media wankfest wrongly credited to the welsh wife beater on his debut. I was ten yards away - definitely went in off our player.

Always remember him from corners, every corner we had with him was a chance and his movement in the box was something that even a pre-teen me could appreciate. One of a few players of that era that should have stayed longer if we wanted to continue to rise.

As he says, pretty much nothing but fond memeries from City fans, the same here for sure. Him and Curle would have been potentially a very complimentary core of the defence, execpt maybe I always remember Curle (another fantastic defender for us) favoured the offside trap.

One thing he stands out for was when he was asked about a success or upcoming game United had and his reply was, 'No Comment!' Cant specifically remember what it was but it was a great response.

One thing he stands out for was when he was asked about a success or upcoming game United had and his reply was, 'No Comment!' Cant specifically remember what it was but it was a great response.
It was after the derby in 91 at the Swamp (where as mentioned above he deflected the ball past Margetson for the games only goal credited to Giggs who at no point touched it).
The following week the rags were in the Cup Winners Cup final v Barcelona and was asked if he wanted a rag win or if he wanted to wish them luck and he said "no comment" which sent rags everywhere into meltdown

His personal terms were reported to hold up the signing, not sure why the self pity, but he is pretty shameless.

It was after the derby in 91 at the Swamp (where as mentioned above he deflected the ball past Margetson for the games only goal credited to Giggs who at no point touched it).
The following week the rags were in the Cup Winners Cup final v Barcelona and was asked if he wanted a rag win or if he wanted to wish them luck and he said "no comment" which sent rags everywhere into meltdown
That was it, well remembered. Cheers mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.