Colin Shindler in the Mail

I enjoyed his book (Manchester United Ruined My Life)...but then I wasn't around at the time to witness the tales first hand.

In terms of my support for City I don't have a glorious past to hark back to hence I am keen to embrace the future whole heartedly.

I don't see the problem.

If he wants to feel self righteous and support a wank team there are plenty in the local area he could pick such as Bury, Oldham, Stockport, Rochdale.

Or why not support Maine Rd? Sure they'd be grateful of one more fan, no offence to those lads whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm off now, helping my Burnley mate write a letter to the local paper at how disgusting it is they have been promoted to the PL, just isn't on apparently.

"the Manchester City you knew has changed. You knew her as a dotty, eccentric, slightly down-at-heel young girl, who could be amusing and irritating in turn. Someone the local lads laughed at while wolf-whistling at the local vamp in red. But for all her imperfections, you and her other friends loved her even though she embarrassed you from time to time.

Well now she’s won the lottery, had liposuction, a facelift, boob job and gone on a shopping spree at Harvey Nicks. She’s gone from being a mousey brunette to being a striking blonde. She looks like a million dollars but hasn’t lost her sense of fun. She’s someone you want to be seen with even if you’re still not sure she’s not going to do something she really shouldn’t."

Well written, impassioned piece. Everything you say is 100% correct, but the final paragraph gets to the real issue yet you fail to realise the implications of your own analogy.

Read between the lines and you yourself are saying City are plastic - fake boobs, lipo, facelift and fancy new clothes.

You think this makes them look "a striking blonde and a million dollars". Well, most sane people think women who have had loads of work look ghastly, things fall off or go wrong, and their looks (which is the only thing they obsees about) only go downhill, usually rapidly.

This is a comparison that rather backfires. How can you not see the negative perspective to your situation? You might not agree (but you would if it had happened to wigan) but surely you can understand why people are criticising city?

Midfield General said:
"the Manchester City you knew has changed. You knew her as a dotty, eccentric, slightly down-at-heel young girl, who could be amusing and irritating in turn. Someone the local lads laughed at while wolf-whistling at the local vamp in red. But for all her imperfections, you and her other friends loved her even though she embarrassed you from time to time.

Well now she’s won the lottery, had liposuction, a facelift, boob job and gone on a shopping spree at Harvey Nicks. She’s gone from being a mousey brunette to being a striking blonde. She looks like a million dollars but hasn’t lost her sense of fun. She’s someone you want to be seen with even if you’re still not sure she’s not going to do something she really shouldn’t."

Well written, impassioned piece. Everything you say is 100% correct, but the final paragraph gets to the real issue yet you fail to realise the implications of your own analogy.

Read between the lines and you yourself are saying City are plastic - fake boobs, lipo, facelift and fancy new clothes.

You think this makes them look "a striking blonde and a million dollars". Well, most sane people think women who have had loads of work look ghastly, things fall off or go wrong, and their looks (which is the only thing they obsees about) only go downhill, usually rapidly.

This is a comparison that rather backfires. How can you not see the negative perspective to your situation? You might not agree (but you would if it had happened to wigan) but surely you can understand why people are criticising city?

So who do you support MG?

Newlunar said:
Midfield General said:

So who do you support MG?

The gay times with his annual subscription. ;)

Midfield General said:

I agree with this post, actually.

(Especially as I hate false girls with blown up boobs and excess makeup!)

A better analogy would be along the lines of "she has removed her hornrimmed glasses, lost some weight and is turning heads everywhere she goes" or something

PB, one of the best posts I've read on here for ages. Schindler needs to get a life.

this guy is not a city fan, he uses the excuse to make stories like this and this sort of thing is gold dust for the media

i hope his kids never get rich cos he'll 'hate' them too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.