Come On Chelsea (match thread)

badmash said:
5th Best English side and it's showing
Dgeao.png

*cough*

kobiblue said:
adrianr said:
Chelsea don't deserve this to go to penalties. Anti-football for yet another cup game. Can anyone honestly want them to win this? It's a farce.

Two years in a row when the "best" of English football is being showed up..again. Chelsea are being out played, and they are parking the bus like any bottom of the table league team.

Exactly. This competition is supposed to end up with a final of the best against the best. Or ykno, something pretty close at least. Both playing top level football, outwitting the other, exploiting weaknesses. Chelsea have defended and lucked their way here and they're getting battered again. The shame of it is you know they could very well nick a goal on the break, win the game and be champions of Europe. Like I said, a farce. I hate Bayern Munich but once again there's only one team that's turned up with the intention of playing football. Bit like a certain game at the Etihad not too long ago ;)

Lancet Fluke said:
kenzie115 said:
Booted him? Hardly.

Whether he attempted to play the ball or not is debatable, personally I thought he did and Ribery moved his right leg in the way and Bosingwa just didn't pull out. Anyone who's played football knows attackers can expect a small kick from defenders in the early part of a match, particularly soft wingers.

Please refer me to the part of the rule book where it says a mis-timed challenge is automatically a yellow card. I can save you some time by telling you you won't be able to. However, I could show you the bit which refers to deliberate hand ball being a yellow card.

I never said mistimed challenges were an automatic yellow, I mentioned challenges from behind. Challenges from behind very much are mentioned in the laws of the game and when they endager an opponent they are considered serious foul play. Catching someone on the calf from behind without any intention of going for the ball comes under that rule in my opinion.

I guess the highlighted bit is the important part, if you don't think he was going for the ball then it's dangerous play, on the other hand I thought he was going for the ball so it was accidental. Open for interpretation but I guess the referee agreed with me, I'm sure others would have booked him though.

As a defender I had no problem with the tackle.

-- Sat May 19, 2012 8:55 pm --

adrianr said:
kobiblue said:
adrianr said:
Chelsea don't deserve this to go to penalties. Anti-football for yet another cup game. Can anyone honestly want them to win this? It's a farce.

Two years in a row when the "best" of English football is being showed up..again. Chelsea are being out played, and they are parking the bus like any bottom of the table league team.

Exactly. This competition is supposed to end up with a final of the best against the best. Or ykno, something pretty close at least. Both playing top level football, outwitting the other, exploiting weaknesses. Chelsea have defended and lucked their way here and they're getting battered again. The shame of it is you know they could very well nick a goal on the break, win the game and be champions of Europe. Like I said, a farce. I hate Bayern Munich but once again there's only one team that's turned up with the intention of playing football. Bit like a certain game at the Etihad not too long ago ;)

It could be argued that Chelsea have the best defence in Europe and are displaying it by keeping Bayern out just like they did to Barca. I appreciate attacking football and would love to watch a game where both teams really go for it, like us vs Arsenal at home this season, but there's something to be admired in the way Chelsea are defending.

adrianr said:
kobiblue said:
adrianr said:

I think we live in a bubble a bit thinking that English football has a high standard. It's shown up in games like this, and shown up when they go to the world cup/euros.

Would be annoyed if Chelsea win it, not even making an attempt to play, being let off by Bayern's poor accuracy.

Shit, thought that was it,

I can see these Chav twats stealing it now.

LoveCity said:
Chelsea have signed the Devil from United surely to get so much luck.

It's only on loan. The devil will ask for too much money to sign permanently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.