Come On Chelsea (match thread)

kenzie115 said:
MCFCJR said:
At what point are Chelsea going to decide to attack? Or are they going to try to take it all they way to penalties?

They are attacking. Their tactics are pretty clear, try and hit Bayern on the counter without over-committing.

Chelsea have basically admitted they're not as good as Bayern and as such have adopted tactics that will give them the best chance of winning the game. What's wrong with that?

What are people expecting them to do? Say "Well we're not as good as these but so that the people at home get to watch a good game let's throw men forward and get stuffed 4-0?" No. They're doing everything they can to win the game.
Thank you-much more eloquent than what I was going to write. Chelsea's frustrating Bayern and the pressure is mounting on Bayern-they are the clear favorites being at home and a better team.
It's not like it's on been on Chelsea's end all game long though these past few mins, Bayern's been throwing the kitchen sink at Chelsea.

They are. If they don't score soon, I can see them over-commiting and Chelsea getting a break

Cole's having a very good game, as are most of Chelsea's defence. I'm really enjoying this.

kenzie115 said:
MCFCJR said:
At what point are Chelsea going to decide to attack? Or are they going to try to take it all they way to penalties?

They are attacking. Their tactics are pretty clear, try and hit Bayern on the counter without over-committing.

Chelsea have basically admitted they're not as good as Bayern and as such have adopted tactics that will give them the best chance of winning the game. What's wrong with that?

What are people expecting them to do? Say "Well we're not as good as these but so that the people at home get to watch a good game let's throw men forward and get stuffed 4-0?" No. They're doing everything they can to win the game.

I wasn't really having a pop at them, their tactics, although not pretty, are effective. Mourinho showed that you can win the CL this way a couple of years ago. I was just wondering if there might be a point at which they decide to go for it or continue to play their current game right to the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.