Come on City fans - sort the atmosphere out

Always going to be like that for cup games, unless action is taken, think about Blackburn supporters would have been expecting a caning so what is left, hope, beers and a good singsong. Its a proper day out for them, the same over the last few years with Notts Co, Leicester, Barnsley, Watford etc. Given them a section as large is always going to be problematic, that said it is about how the rest of the 41000 sort out, below are some suggestions I posted before xmas.

roytoncity said:
No stamina at times, too many away fans have the free reign to sing what they want
Simple really

A few things
1. The music City play, does it help, I would say no. Play some of the songs we sing on occasion or things that are uplifting more often
2. Relocation (know this is difficult) in each of the four stands there should be sections for those more vocal fans who currently sprinkled across all areas of the ground, 100 together in the North lower, 300 together in the CB you would see a massive difference. Help to create wraparound
3. Too many haters South Stand/Singing section arrogance.
4. Give NS level 2, freebees something that makes a noise.
5. Concourses, good for conversation and review. some times this is were atmosphere is generated.
6. City Square, well wow.
7. Songs although great, aren't long enough, little or no intro therefore they die out as other join in.

KippaxCitizen said:
Blue_Rossy said:
Is there a club that sings for the full 90mins non stop?
Im in south stand block 218 level 2 and thought it was ok, few songs going.

Specially for an fa cup replay against blackburn on a wet cold rainy wed night.

PS i heard that blackburn fan on radio on way home, he talked absolute bollocks. He was bitter he got stuffed 5-0.
It wasn't cold.

haha, you beat me to it. It was fairly pleasant last night (apart from the pissing down rain)

Blue Si O.B said:
I thought the atmosphere was shocking last night and talksport had Blackburn fans ringing in to comment on how poor our fans are. Its almost as embarrassing as the hoardes of sad cases that get up and leave with 10-15minutes left to play.
I started supporting city because my uncle started taking me to maine rd in the kippax in about 91(aged12) at the time I was undecided on who to support being from a half blue half red family. I paid old trafford a visit too back then and all I can honestly say is that the atmosphere in the kippax is what made me choose blue over red it was something I wanted to be a part of. We need to get that back.

good post<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 am --<br /><br />
mancityvstoke said:
They're just a bus stop in Burnley

did that get sung last night ? made me smile anyway

KippaxCitizen said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
The fact that only a certain amount of people can stand together doesn't help. 110/111 is the loudest part of the ground with not a lot of numbers, imagine if 109 and 107 were standing areas for people to sing, it would get even louder, the songs would be clearer and other parts of the stadium could join in because they can hear what's being sung. The club bring it upon themselves to be honest and then they flirt around with moving the away fans up into the Gods, but then back out after a game or two because they don't think it's working. These things take time to get organised and the way City go about it isn't helping. The south stand doesn't even have enough people in to make a huge amount of noise, compare how many people are in there to the Kop or Stretford end (they still manage to get a shitter atmosphere), it's a bit of a joke that our stadium is so poorly designed for atmosphere.

I can't see anything changing in the foreseeable future, maybe if safe standing comes in.
It's absolutely pathetic the amount of spaces we have available for our vocal and standing fans. We have the fifth biggest stadium and the fourth best attendance yet the following clubs all have bigger (and in some cases much MUCH bigger) vocal sections than we do:
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Everton
Tottenham
The Rags
Newcastle
Southampton
Hull
Villa
Stoke
Swansea
West Brom
Norwich
Cardiff
Sunderland
Leicester
Burnley
Derby
Forest
Brighton
Reading
Blackburn
Ipswich
Wigan
Leeds
Huddersfield
Boro
Watford
Birmingham
Wednesday
Charlton
Millwall
Barnsley
Orient
Wolves
Preston
Swindon
Vale
MK Dons
Cov did at the Ricoh
Bradford
Gillingham
Oldham
Carlisle
Shrewsbury
SheffUtd
Tranmere
Notts Co.
Bristol C
Chesterfield
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers
Torquay
and even Stickport County

Many of the ones I've missed off are because I don't know how many their vocal section holds and can't be arsed looking.

We have about 1800 one side of the away fans in the South Stand and about 1500 the other side in the East corner. It's pitiful. The stadium holds nearly 48000 people and we have about 3300 available as a vocal section.
Christ, Villa's Holt End holds 14500...SheffUtd's Kop holds 13000...Liverpool's Kop holds 12000...Plymouth's Davenport End holds 3500...Bristol Rovers' new "UWE Stadium"s vocal section will dwarf ours and they might not even be in the football league!

And how many of those vocal sections around he country have to move when they have a home cup game?

This is the worst thing (and one of the only bad things to be fair) about our club.

^

The family stand is not a singing sections, yes they will join in a Blue Moon or Were Not Really Here,
but there is no organised section or leaders and I don't think there is much you can do about it
unless you transplanted one of the the the singing sections in their midst.
The problem is our singing sections are split and it will never improve until we have one mass section.
1800 or so are not going to out sing 4000 away fans in their Cup final and with the other section being dispersed
it was never going to happen.
People cannot make their minds up, some say they want away fans next to them to create an atmosphere.
I don't think this is the case, IMO both singing sections should be together and as far as I'm concerned
away fans should be on level 3 east stand.
But we have a new end coming and we have an oppertunity that should not be missed to create AN END.

citymad said:
Blue Si O.B said:
I thought the atmosphere was shocking last night and talksport had Blackburn fans ringing in to comment on how poor our fans are. Its almost as embarrassing as the hoardes of sad cases that get up and leave with 10-15minutes left to play.
I started supporting city because my uncle started taking me to maine rd in the kippax in about 91(aged12) at the time I was undecided on who to support being from a half blue half red family. I paid old trafford a visit too back then and all I can honestly say is that the atmosphere in the kippax is what made me choose blue over red it was something I wanted to be a part of. We need to get that back.

good post

-- Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 am --

mancityvstoke said:
They're just a bus stop in Burnley

did that get sung last night ? made me smile anyway
yep it did

Whitworth Park said:
The family stand is not a singing sections, yes they will join in a Blue Moon or Were Not Really Here,
but there is no organised section or leaders and I don't think there is much you can do about it
unless you transplanted one of the the the singing sections in their midst.
The problem is our singing sections are split and it will never improve until we have one mass section.
1800 or so are not going to out sing 4000 away fans in their Cup final and with the other section being dispersed
it was never going to happen.
People cannot make their minds up, some say they want away fans next to them to create an atmosphere.
I don't think this is the case, IMO both singing sections should be together and as far as I'm concerned
away fans should be on level 3 east stand.
But we have a new end coming and we have an oppertunity that should not be missed to create AN END.

Agree with a lot of this. I used to go in the middle of the North Stand at MR the year it was standing only in the early 70s and the middle 2 pens were always packed with singers about 3000 and on good days the whole stand would join in. Thought Blackburn in South Stand looked really good last night and would love young city lads to get together in South Stand to get this going. 3/4000 with everybody else joining in for favourite tunes should be possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.