Come on City fans - sort the atmosphere out

People go to the games and want different things. I'm guessing there's a higher proportion of those in the singing sections complaining about the rest of us, who might have partaken in a little light refreshment before the game, as many away supporters do - that's why they make more noise. People in other areas may not be able to do the same if, for example, they're taking kids, driving.

Personally, I don't give two sh*ts about whether we were outsung or not, we weren't outscored and that's what counts.

willy eckerslike said:
People go to the games and want different things. I'm guessing there's a higher proportion of those in the singing sections complaining about the rest of us, who might have partaken in a little light refreshment before the game, as many away supporters do - that's why they make more noise. People in other areas may not be able to do the same if, for example, they're taking kids, driving.

Personally, I don't give two sh*ts about whether we were outsung or not, we weren't outscored and that's what counts.

Agreed, I go to most away games and enjoy the singing but at home games I do like to concentrate mainly on the match itself so apart from the really big games the atmosphere - or lack of - doesn't really impact on my enjoyment.

Hopefully with the stadium expansion we will eventually see the coming together of singers from 110/111 and those in the south stand.

What's needed is a proper designated area that doesn't change based on away support numbers and has Rail Seating, allowing for this would improve atmosphere a lot.

Right now many areas of the stadium are sat, and many people willing to sing are seperated, scattered around the stadium amongst people who don't sing.

Put them together, in an area where we can all stand and it will create noise.

Ever been to a concert at the Etihad?
On the pitch everyone is stood, singing, dancing, creating noise and having a good time.
In the "stands" lol people are sat there, with no noise and just watching the Bands as though they were watching on a tv.

Seating has killed off atmosphere gradually over the years, and it ain't just at football either.

We want Rail Seating areas, with a designated section for singers to congregate and create some atmosphere.

I didn't sing at all last night in the family stand...

Last week in the south stand I had a sore throat afterwards as I sang so much.

One of the problems I think is that the areas designated for singing are also cheaper areas of the ground which will attract people who also want value for money or can't afford more expensive seats..... they are not necessarily fans who want to sing and shout all game.

There needs to be cheap tickets for fans who don't want to sing etc and areas for SINGERS only.

How will they achieve that? I don't know.

mancityvstoke said:
One of the problems I think is that the areas designated for singing are also cheaper areas of the ground which will attract people who also want value for money or can't afford more expensive seats..... they are not necessarily fans who want to sing and shout all game.

There needs to be cheap tickets for fans who don't want to sing etc and areas for SINGERS only.

Tier 3 hopefully.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
mancityvstoke said:

Tier 3 hopefully.

Yeah but not everyone wants to sit in the Gods either. Certainly I wouldn't.

Why Always Ste said:

It has been known to get a bit boisterous in there when a big team comes over for a game. I know it's wrong but I quite like seeing some of the junior blues effing and jeffing at the opposition or the latest naff reffing decision.

Then again, I also once saw a family of about 4 or 5 turn up with basically a pic-a-nic basket. Half the time, all I could hear was the unwrapping of tinfoiled sandwiches and crisps being munched throughout the game.

M18CTID said:
oakiecokie said:
gazmedina said:
Don't be so patronising and don't put words in my mouth. I understand that you sing the odd song about your rivals. It's just that the balance is just currently way out and there comes a point when you just can't be bothered singing about David Moyes for the eigth time that night. What's snobbish about that?

And I do start the odd song, just City ones.

And who`s the biggest moaners when they hear the Rags singing about City,Blue Mooners !!

I actually like the fact that they sing about us so much as it dispels the myth that they're not obsessed with us. Fact is oakie, both sets of fans are equally obsessed with each other but from experience City fans are far less likely to deny it.

irrational hated of your local rivals is what football is all about it probably plays a much bigger role than any one would care to admit.
for years going to the games with your mates having a few too many jars and having a right go at the opposition fans is what it is all about.
lets be honest me and M18ctid didn't travel to all the third division games to admire the flowing football
football fans don't and shouldn't need to be PC or even logical and if a song about moyes or that scotch pisscan or even matt busby is funny and pisses off the opposition fans or rags watching on telly all the better

willy eckerslike said:
Why Always Ste said:

It has been known to get a bit boisterous in there when a big team comes over for a game. I know it's wrong but I quite like seeing some of the junior blues effing and jeffing at the opposition or the latest naff reffing decision.

Then again, I also once saw a family of about 4 or 5 turn up with basically a pic-a-nic basket. Half the time, all I could hear was the unwrapping of tinfoiled sandwiches and crisps being munched throughout the game.

They do that at some outdoor theatres etc..............fan profile changing.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:37 pm --<br /><br />Liked that new song about Moyes last night actually

Blue_Rossy said:
Is there a club that sings for the full 90mins non stop?
Im in south stand block 218 level 2 and thought it was ok, few songs going.

Specially for an fa cup replay against blackburn on a wet cold rainy wed night.

PS i heard that blackburn fan on radio on way home, he talked absolute bollocks. He was bitter he got stuffed 5-0.
It wasn't cold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.