Come on Jo knockers lets be having you!!

Jo was involved directly in the build up to two of our Goals. Jo managed to block a rare Fulham shot that went out for a corner. Jo did what all the "Mongs" and knee jerkers on the Forum demand of a City Striker - he " Tracked Back". Jo would have had at least one tap in if Tevez had of looked up. Jo did not hide once. Jo despite a distinct lack of Game time had the nerve to try the fancy flick ons. Jo was more effective overall than both Milner and AJ have been in recent weeks ( admittedly those two Lads didn't get a chance against a very poor Fulham).

Well played Jo.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Jo was involved directly in the build up to two of our Goals. Jo managed to block a rare Fulham shot that went out for a corner. Jo did what all the "Mongs" and knee jerkers on the Forum demand of a City Striker - he " Tracked Back". Jo would have had at least one tap in if Tevez had of looked up. Jo did not hide once. Jo despite a distinct lack of Game time had the nerve to try the fancy flick ons. Jo was more effective overall than both Milner and AJ have been in recent weeks ( admittedly those two Lads didn't get a chance against a very poor Fulham).

Well played Jo.

He works hard, granted. The compliments end there though.

He was excellent today until he tired. Won several headers-which surprised me. Gave us an option and allowed us to push up the field and collect the second ball. Some lovely touches too-especially in build up to 3rd.

danny123 said:
He isn't the best of players but comes on...does a shift and to be honest...was unlucky not to have a goal today, if Tevez squared it to him when he was on a 1-on-1 in the second half! Would he still be getting as much stick if he scored? Should try getting behind players for a change...
Well said.

Mike D said:
Cast aside by the welsh wizard, farmed out by anyone who would have him. Yet he comes back no moaning I'm off in January becuase he's not getting a start every week, and delivers a great performance.
Would have loved to seen him cap it off and give 2 fingers to the incompetant welsh one.

for once i agree with you, he lost his way for certain, may even have been led astray by elano but he's come back with the bit between his teeth. he was excellent today.

we were saying on the way back that he should keep his place next week and leave mario on the bench.
can't see it myself mind.

good. if not outstanding. but showed excellent first touch on five or six occasions, by trapping difficult, fast passes, very close to his feet, always ending up facing the goal, well balanced, with a bit of space in front of him. having three forwards + yaya capable of doing that wreaked havoc.

more than his performance, having him on the pitch worked tactically, as he does what Balo did vs WBA, when Silva and Tevez come deep, Jo peels inside and occupies the centre halves. Milner used to stay wide and play crosses, but now Kolarov is approaching full fitness, he can do that job from LB.

de niro said:
Mike D said:
Cast aside by the welsh wizard, farmed out by anyone who would have him. Yet he comes back no moaning I'm off in January becuase he's not getting a start every week, and delivers a great performance.
Would have loved to seen him cap it off and give 2 fingers to the incompetant welsh one.

for once i agree with you, he lost his way for certain, may even have been led astray by elano but he's come back with the bit between his teeth. he was excellent today.

we were saying on the way back that he should keep his place next week and leave mario on the bench.

for me that proves the formation and tactics worked today but Balo improves it further

Won an awful lot of balls, and importantly, held it up well. Lost the ball just twice from his 25 passes. The little exchange with Silva and then Tevez for the goal was fantastic.

So credit where it is due. He did the job given well.

Balti said:
de niro said:

for me that proves the formation and tactics worked today but Balo improves it further

agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.