Come on Jo knockers lets be having you!!

dont get me wrong, the team played really good when he was on the pitch... but he really didnt have anything to do with the performance, he went missing alot on that left side. Credit to him though because we he was in possesion he wasnt knocked off the ball and didnt duck out of any challenges

Jo put in a great performance yesterday and i hope to see more of the same from him.If he puts in a few more such performances , his confidence will go up and he could eventually become a great player.

Mike D said:
bellbuzzer said:
must be the longest settling-in period ever.nice to see him dragging defenders around and glancing plenty of headers,well done to him

Ditto his alround play was excellent holding up the ball up, and bringing players into the game

Tevez thrives on this kind of set up. He doesn't have to do the donkey work and can come into the secondary role. If Jo does nowt else but take the pressure off Carlos . . . . .

What I can't understand is why Ade can't do that in a professional way.

Picked me BlueDipper lad up from Picc Station yesterday and read the team out including the Everton legend. For my shame, it took me a minute or two to put the name in the frame.

Elitesentry said:
dont get me wrong, the team played really good when he was on the pitch... but he really didnt have anything to do with the performance, he went missing alot on that left side. Credit to him though because we he was in possesion he wasnt knocked off the ball and didnt duck out of any challenges

Same could be said about Milner most games.

Was surprised to see him on the pitch, and first half the suprise was reasonably pleasant as he did ok. Second half he reverted to type and was a liability. Lost count of the number of times he lost the ball. If we hadn't been several goals to the good or Fulham so poor, we could have been punished.

Not sure we'll ever be able to sell him on, so if he stays and plays 4th/5th striker for the remainder of his contract and shows up and does an occasional job, then fine. If we can get rid and get something for him, then we should.

Elitesentry said:

... well not every single time anyway.

played alright yesterday, to be fair to the guy

there is a player in him somewhere, i think he would be dynamite in itals where its abit slower and softer.

if he was bought for 500k he wouldnt get half the flack he does

Jo was outstanding yesterday and for me the key to the performance(while not being City's mom). From the back we where much more fluid, Hart's long clearances mostly went his way and he won the ball more often than not and when Tevez dropped deep(as is often his want)he was able to drift inside that caused Fulham no end of issues while Kolarov and Barry worked the space in the left created by such actions.
It's very easy to focus on the ball carrier(something that watching football on TV forces you to do)but often a players movement 30 40 yards away and one that never is involved in the move directly becomes vital to a teams overall performance.

<<<<<<<< Just read the name. But to be honest I think mancini is just getting the players used to the formation because he will just slip balotelli right in for Jo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.