Commanding Centre Half

B B

BLUEMATT23

Anyone else a little concerned that BM has not made a bid for a commanding centre back yet or that this wasn't seen as a priority before the three signings we have already secured?.
The potential of the squad is off the chart but their were a few problems last season with Toure & Lescott & the other pairings we were shoe horned into because of injuries.
Toure & Lescott have individual flaws & personally I don't think that partnership works or will ever work, I like Boyatta & Nedum is good when he's fit & Richards can cover if needed.
But none of the c/b's we have are commanding enough & I fear this could be our downfall.
Anyone agree?

lescott and kompnay are both good in the air so we should be ok...plus kolarov is a big guy and its usually at teh back post that we get exposed so hopefulyl he will help (if we get him)

plus remember yaya can play there as well and he pretty good in the air also.

Im hopiing that we wont have to worry ab out defending so much this year.....we will hopefulyl be on the front foot in a lot of games and attack is the best form of defense some say ;-)

BLUEMATT23 said:
Anyone else a little concerned that BM has not made a bid for a commanding centre back yet or that this wasn't seen as a priority before the three signings we have already secured?.
The potential of the squad is off the chart but their were a few problems last season with Toure & Lescott & the other pairings we were shoe horned into because of injuries.
Toure & Lescott have individual flaws & personally I don't think that partnership works or will ever work, I like Boyatta & Nedum is good when he's fit & Richards can cover if needed.
But none of the c/b's we have are commanding enough & I fear this could be our downfall.
Anyone agree?

Why did you not mention our best Center half last year? I know you are trying to make the point that we need better center halfs but leaving out Kompany just seems silly.

Dont tell me your the sort that thinks Vinnie will be an DM?

BLUEMATT23 said:
Anyone agree?

kompany is top class, lescott and kompany with boatang and kolarov either side will provide easily the lack of height we lacked last year. do not worry.

I am very concerned about this. Ours are more than decent especially Kolo who was and is far better than many on here give him credit for. Unfortunately the World Cup showed that their isn't really much out there at the moment.

Terry - past it and a Tw-t of the highest order
Mertesacker/Puyol - slow
Demechelis - total yard dog
Heitenga - a full back/typical Everton midfield kicker Thug
Chiellini - massively overrated and a big dissapointment to me
Vidic - slow and injured often
Gallas - practically all of the above

A field day for strikers in the next couple of years.

okstate99 said:
Why did you not mention our best Center half last year? I know you are trying to make the point that we need better center halfs but leaving out Kompany just seems silly.

Exactly,Kompany and Lescott should be first choice.Boateng may well force his way in at some point and we have plenty of options if injury or suspension strikes,don't see this as a problem area at all.

I do prefer Kompany as a DM & yes he did have a good season (& yes I should have put it on my initial post) when asked to play C/B, but most of the time I think it was becuase of injuries. However I do think that he is not as commanding as some people think & feel he would be better utilised as a d/m

BLUEMATT23 said:
I do prefer Kompany as a DM & yes he did have a good season (& yes I should have put it on my initial post) when asked to play C/B, but most of the time I think it was becuase of injuries. However I do think that he is not as commanding as some people think & feel he would be better utilised as a d/m

Well currently we have Barry, De Jong, Yaya and Vieira that play there. You rate him better than some of those?

Vinnie, Kolo and Joleon imo are No.1 Centre Backs. Jerome and Yaya are back up CBs, with Jerome at RB and Yaya in DM. However, if we sign a top class RB, ala Maicon then I think Jerome would become a No.1 CB, considering how class he is in every position across the back. Dedryk I feel will treat this season as a learning curve and will probably crack the 1st team by 11/12. Richards and Onuoha would be sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.