Commanding Centre Half

Boeteng-----Kompany----Lescott------Kolarov

If we can just keep Kompany and Lescott fit all season then i reckon that could well be the best CB partnership in the league.

They where awsome for that short period they played together before Lescotts second injury.

Kolo will defo be one of the starting back four for two reasons.

1. He is club captain.
2. His brother, obviously being a big signing and guaranteed starter in midfield will add favour towards Kolo.

I think Mancini would like to see how the two brothers play together. This will play a big part in a lot of City's success this season I would think. How it will affect the team and dressing room who knows?
IMO they will both start with Lescott and Kompany fighting it out for the second CB position.

perpetualprism said:
Kolo will defo be one of the starting back four for two reasons.

1. He is club captain.
2. His brother, obviously being a big signing and guaranteed starter in midfield will add favour towards Kolo.

I think Mancini would like to see how the two brothers play together. This will play a big part in a lot of City's success this season I would think. How it will affect the team and dressing room who knows?
IMO they will both start with Lescott and Kompany fighting it out for the second CB position.

Or Kolo at right back, where he's arguably better than at centre back anyway.......

He was 'rested' last year when he was captain though wasn't he?

I posted this in another thread but is probably valid for this discussion

For the first time in a very long time we have a squad which is technically amazing and also has the ability to dominate teams with physical presence.

Lets look at our defense and how strong we are setup for defending and attacking set pieces and any balls played into our box.

Even Stoke would be hard pushed to beat us at head tennis

I've been comparing it to all other prem teams and IMO we have the strongest bunch of players if selected correctly.

I have concerns of KT as captain and CB but I think this will happen, will be interesting to see if Kolo is dropped if his form is poor and if that will have any impact on Yaya.

Hart for me is stronger in the air and command of the box and taking crosses but will be interesting to see what Bobby thinks with regard to #1

idht3a.png

Add the height from Midfield and attack and I believe we have the most dangerous squad in the league for attacking and defending set pieces.

1i0rnl.png

I would love to see us work on our long throws from Boateng and set piece delivery from Kolarov.

Mancini drilling the importance of set plays into the team could lead to many goals this season.

I think as fans we need to believe we can do it this year, perhaps this is the final advantage that the team needs.

Can anyone think of any teams who look more solid defensively or more of a threat up front?

But I admit I get what you are saying about having a Centre half like Hangeland or Subotic

I think Kompany is the key. He is a centre half of the future and it appears he is very set on this club and we need to lock him down long term. He is very clever with the ball at his feet as well.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:21 am --<br /><br />I think Kompany is the key. He is a centre half of the future and it appears he is very set on this club and we need to lock him down long term. He is very clever with the ball at his feet as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.